** The best dating apps for 2023 ** — Digital Trends
** Great app for long-term travelers ** — Nomadic Matt
** Jenni met the man who stole her heart on Fairytrail, a dating app unlike any other that pairs remote workers and travelers ** — Fodor's Travel
Fairytrail is a friends and dating app for travelers. It's fun, wholesome, safe, and has been featured in The Verge, Budget Travel, LifeHacker, and more. With over 40,000 users worldwide, Fairytrail is the go-to app for travelers looking to make connections.
"I'm loving the app. I've already connected with a few people that are wonderful and great matches! For a long time, I’ve dreamed of finding a partner who shared the same case of the travel bug. Someone who wouldn’t be disappointed when hearing I wouldn’t be staying for long but would happily pack up with me to see the world. Thank you for creating this app!" Maria, USA
Connect with pre-vetted solo travelers and even book adventures together. Discover tours, activities, and adventures from Airbnb Experiences, GetYourGuide, and TripAdvisor using Fairytrail's simple interface. Earn travel money in the app or top up to book adventures with your travel partner.
We created Fairytrail after struggling to find someone to travel the world with for several years. Dating apps weren't made for travelers and digital nomads. Travel buddy apps were poorly designed and not safe. Our mission is to help people explore the world with someone they like in a fun and safe way.
Finally, an app for travelers to find adventures, friends, and even a life partner.
Fairytrail is free with manual verification.
* Increased Safety
All Fairytrail members undergo vetting for safety and sincerity. Only 32% of applicants are approved, and government IDs are checked before adventure bookings. Meeting your travel partner on a group adventure led by a travel guide further enhances safety.
* Adventure Discovery
Match on tours, experiences, and adventures such as wine tours in Napa Valley, food tours in Venice, scuba diving in Bali, and trekking through the Sahara Desert.
* Instant Vacations
After matching on an adventure, call your travel partner for a vibe check and book it together. Tickets are fully refundable until your partner has paid.
* Long-Term Relationships
It's very possible to start a relationship and travel the world together because 93% of Fairytrail members are full-time remote workers or aspire to be.
Search the world for your ideal person based on age, gender, mobility, personality type (aka character), current country, nationality, religion, ethnicity, and languages spoken.
Send a connection request to Fairytrail members to start matching on adventures together or chat directly if adventure matching is turned off.
After connecting with a travel partner, get a list of adventures. Pick the ones you're interested in and see if there's an overlap.
FRIENDS & DATING MODE
Set your intentions in your profile.
Add travel money to book adventures or earn travel money by exploring and inviting friends.
All travelers are verified by government ID as part of the booking process.
Confidently book your adventure on Fairytrail knowing that you can get a refund if your travel partner doesn't book.
To enhance your experience, you can upgrade your account.
Skip paying the entrance fee.
SEE MORE PROFILES
See more profiles per day if you want.
BE SEEN FIRST
Be noticed quicker and more often.
What are people saying?
"It was like we were almost an established couple, partnered up and taking on this new city, positive and open to new experiences and discoveries." - Maggie, Fairytrail user from New York. Read the full review at https://www.fairytrail.app/user-review-denver-glacier-hike/
1. Added clarity that each person must pay for their own trip and adventures are in groups led by tour guides from Airbnb Experiences, GetYourGuide, or TripAdvisor/Viator.
2. Choose if you want to match on adventures or talk right away. Go to "Edit Profile", scroll to bottom, turn on/off travel matching. If you turn it on, you'll be shown adventures to match on with your travel partner. If you turn it off, you'll be connected directly to chat.
3. Increased active chats limit
4. Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Only one complaint!
The main reason why I don’t give it 5 stars is simply because their chat function is horrendous (they do caveat that it is not optimized for it, to be fair).
Otherwise, easy 5 stars.
As a nomad, I’ve gotten more interest and matches using Fairytrail for a week than all the other apps I’ve used in the past.
They definitely nailed their niche.
Hands down far better than the other nomad dating apps I’ve seen as well.
They made the right decision IMO by asking people pay $3 (one time fee) after tasting their free experience. I was already impressed by the quality after trying it for free, so the one-time $3 was a no brainer.
Nomads, this app is bomb!
I personally opt out of the “travel match” option because I’m not going to ever travel to the options they list *just* to meet with someone over an app I hardly know.
Strange App & charges $$$ for everything!!
Deeply disappointed in this app. The premise of it sounded unique at first until you download and subscribe. Then it’s a whole other monster. They ask you for fee after fee. They also state it’s a one time low fee but it adds up. It feels really scummy to ask a $2 fee just to pick San Francisco as a place to meet your date considering it’s just part of the game (match the same places), the app isn’t giving you anything for $2. Other places are free. It sort of manipulates people’s answer because no one is going to pay $$ after fee just to play the game to be able to talk to your match. It’s tedious and takes too much time. Not even worth the $2.99 introductory fee it initially forces you to make before you can even swipe. Tinder is better even though tinder you are not meeting as many travelers at least the app doesn’t charge you non stop for silly things that take so long. I’m shocked this APP doesn’t have 1 star because it should. The creators aren’t travelers they are money hungry who are capitalizing off of travelers will to meet their own kind. It’s really scummy. Try couchsurfing, it’s free and you meet tons of verified travelers who have reviews etc.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry for any confusion about our fees due to our UX. Picking adventures is 100% free. No subscription is required. The one-time entrance fee keeps out bots, scammers, and time-wasters. This is how we maintain a 99.99% real, sincere user rate. On the payment page, it says 2 times this app can be used 100% for free. I just wrote a blog post if you're interested in learning more: https://www.fairytrail.app/entrance-fee/
Let's improve this app together! Email me at email@example.com
Feels like it’s in early Beta
(1) The profiles aren’t substantial enough to help you identify a match, so it feels like Tinder (in that you’re mainly using pictures) but with location set to an entire country.
(2) The mini game to match destinations is pointless, because most people pick “anywhere” as an option.
(3) The chat feature is horrendous. Even the app suggests you trade contact info as soon as possible and move to a different service. The annotations that mark a conversation as “my turn” never go away, even after I responded, so I’m just manually checking through every conversation when I open the app.
(4) I get notifications in the middle of the day to “check my matches” even though I already did in the morning. It’s like the notifications are on a timer rather looking at the account.
Developer Response ,
1) That's the benefit-- you can 30X your dating pool this way.
2) Many people love this feature. You can opt out of travel matching in our new version if you're not looking to travel.
3) Most people care more about making a connection than chatting, so we're prioritizing matches than improving chat.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- LITTLEQUEST LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
- 52.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © LittleQuest
- In-App Purchases
- Entrance Fee $2.99
- Amber Amulet $13.99
- Truth Serum $8.99
- Diamond Amulet $49.99
- 1 Additional pick $1.99
- 2 Additional Pick $3.99
- Sapphire Amulet $24.99
- 3 Additional pick $5.99
- 5 Additional Pick $9.99
- 4 Additional pick $7.99