FamGenix makes it easy to maintain your family health history and find out your risk for inherited disease. Tracking your family health history is an important first step in discovering what diseases you and your family members are most susceptible to, and in taking proactive health measures to prevent disease.
- The app guides you in easily tracking necessary health information for you and your family members.
- Invite and share data with other family members. Receive updates as their health changes.
- See if you’re at an increased risk for certain diseases and whether you would benefit from additional genetic counseling or testing.
- Genetic resources to help you find a genetic counselor and learn more about genetic testing and hereditary diseases
- Data is owned by you and is only shared with your consent.
The app also allows you to connect with participating clinicians to share your family health history, saving you time at your appointment.
Bug fixes and optimizations.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
For starters, the age rating says 17+, but you don’t allow anyone under 18 to keep track of their medical history. Second, I couldn’t even get past the sign up. I don’t have an actual phone number as I cannot afford a phone plan. So I downloaded an app that gave me a phone number called textfree. I put that phone number in, and I was never sent a code which meant I could not sign up. I wish you had email verification as an option.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. You are correct that we do restrict use of the app to age 18 and older. We do this because of health data privacy regulations. And unfortunately, the highest rating category available is 17+. At the moment we do require phone number but we appreciate your recommendation and will take that into consideration. In the meantime, you might want to try another phone number as we have had success with tools like you mentioned in getting texts without a phone plan. Thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.