The best way to safely share and organize your family’s photos and videos. Unlimited storage, no ads, and it’s free!
3 Reasons to Start Your Album:
1) You’ll love it
- YOUR MEMORIES ON DISPLAY. Show off your photos and videos in a way that’s both beautiful and intuitive. Everything is automatically sorted by month, complete with your child’s age. Just swipe the screen to go back in time!
- UNLIMITED STORAGE. Back up all your memories for free.
- STREAMLINED SHARING. No more sharing the same photo with five different group chats. All your photos, all your videos, all your favorite people, all in one place.
- YOUR PRIVACY IS OUR PRIORITY. Your album is completely private. All content you upload to the app belongs to you, and it can only be viewed by you and the family and friends you invite. That also means the app is ad-free and we don't share your data with advertisers. Read more at https://family-album.com/privacy.
- COMPILATION VIDEOS. The app automatically pieces together 1-second clips of your memories into short, touching movies. Tissues not included!
- PHOTOBOOKS. Get photobooks delivered to your doorstep. The app sends you suggestions every month—order as-is or create your own in minutes!
- VISIBILITY CONTROLS. Decide what to show to the whole family and what to keep private between you and your partner.
- IT’S ACTUALLY FREE. We make money two ways: (1) when you purchase a photobook or other product from the app and (2) when you register for our Premium service, which adds bonus features to our already-awesome free version. Don’t worry, we'll never show you ads or charge for features currently available for free.
2) Your family will love it
- EASY TO USE. Our app is optimized to make viewing shared content easy. Family members that have trouble using other apps will have no trouble using FamilyAlbum. There’s also a browser version.
- STAY CLOSE. FamilyAlbum is a great way to let distant loved ones feel included. But unlike messenger apps, there’s no pressure to react right away. That also means you don’t have to wait for a reason to share!
3) Your child will love it
- BUILD THEIR STORY, PRIVATELY. Start a curated collection of photos, videos, and comments to look back on when they’re older—without compromising their privacy.
What Users Are Saying:
“Love it! Great way for family to see and not post on social media.”
“Is AMAZING!! I love it!! I'm far away from my family and this is perfect so they can see my baby growing up”
“This app is just so awesome! Easy to use and all of the family can see our little girl grow! A great way to share and be connected!”
・Mom’s Choice Awards Gold Recipient
・Official Webby Honoree for Best User Experience
・National Parenting Product Award (NAPPA)
・W³ Awards Gold Winner
All the features listed above are FREE. You can also upgrade to our Premium service and unlock extra features for the whole family. With Premium, you can view photos/videos sorted by child, write monthly journal entries, upload longer videos, and upload from your computer. Plus, you’ll get more 1s Movie compilations, free shipping, additional sharing options, and more! Start with a 1-month free trial and, after that, it’s only $4.99 US/month. To register, open the Settings tab and tap Premium.
*Please note that automatic renewal for Premium can only be cancelled via iTunes. It can’t be canceled from within the app.
FamilyAlbum Website - https://family-album.com
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This update includes the following improvements:
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact us at email@example.com. Stay tuned for more improvements and thank you for using FamilyAlbum!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app has been such a blessing. Due to its private nature, I have been allowed to maintain my privacy while still being able to share photos of my kid with my family, many of whom have smart phones but don’t use social media. I enjoy the convenience of being able to upload to one place without having to individually text photos to my family. The app and desktop version has allowed for members of my family who aren’t so tech savvy to be apart of experiencing the memories we share as well.
I haven’t used the features of being able to buy the books for the month memories yet but I appreciate the option.
A big thing I enjoy as well is that the photos are grouped by month so it’s not just one large stream of photos and videos.
I would give it 4.8 stars until the app allows uploads to continue even when the app is momentarily closed. I’ve been uploading and leave the app to respond to a text and it’ll pause the upload until I return which annoys me. I also wish that the comment feature had a way to tag the person you are responding to so they become aware of a response directed to them, but that’s hardly been an issue.
Highly recommend for the people looking to maintain privacy and control the environment in which they share their memories without having to resort to sharing over social media or being burdened with potential forgetting to include someone in a group text of pictures.
I don’t often write reviews for apps. It’s just not something I’ve taken to doing. But this app absolutely out-classes every single thing I’ve ever seen or tried to use. It’s intuitive, it’s functional, it’s amazing across devices, the whole nine yards. I LOVE taking pictures. We’re a two-family system with the boys’ Dad and I being married while their Mother is married to someone else. This lets us share pictures with everyone without having the added pressure of Facebook or some other site. I’ve used the free version of this since 2018, but now that the boys are older and I’m even more nostalgic I’ve gotten the paid portion and it’s AMAZING.
We love watching the 1-second movies. Uploading is super easy. Sharing is easy. I love that it separates by month and year and tells you how old they were. I love that it lets you comment on them. And I love that after you upload a picture it doesn’t show that same picture as an uploadable option anymore.
Long story short — you’ve made an AMAZING app. I love it. And I hope it’s around for a LONG time to come.
Love it, best of all the family sharing apps but one suggestion
I spent several hours trying a bunch of different types of these family sharing apps when our girl was born and this is the one I settled on. Although it has a cap of 3 min on videos (biggest con), it checks every other box better than all the competitors. I also love the “partner only” option, for those adorable pics that perhaps shouldn’t be circulated too widely. We’ve all been using it for four months and it’s excellent.
My one suggestion (for now): When uploading pictures, i should be able to look at different folders within the photo app on my phone. For example, I often take 10 pics at a time and then favorite the one that is best. Then when I go to upload, I should be able to go to my “favorites” folder and select from there. As of now, all I can do is see my whole camera roll, which means that I have to curate the photos all over again. This should be an easy fix. Apps like Instagram have this feature.
- mixi, Inc
- 265.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © mixi, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- FamilyAlbum Premium $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.