FamilySearch Family Tree makes it easy and convenient to discover and document your own branches of the world’s family tree while preserving family memories such as photos, written stories, and audio recordings.
Connect with your ancestors as you discover the important events and stories of their lives. As your heart turns to them, begin to collect and add your own favorite family memories to the tree for others to enjoy for generations to come. Share your family legacy with others in person or through popular social networks.
• Browse your family branches, and see portraits of relatives you’ve never seen before.
• Discover facts, documents, stories, photos, and recordings about your ancestors.
• Easily add new life details, photos, stories, and audio recordings for your relatives.
• Take your family tree with you wherever you go—the app works even without Internet access.
• The app automatically syncs with FamilySearch.org, so you can pick up where you left off on any device.
Share family stories with your children at bedtime or in the car while traveling. Learn something new about your family origins while waiting in a line. Take the app to family gatherings, and capture stories you’ve never heard before. Ask your parents and grandparents to tell you about their lives and what they remember about their deceased relatives; then record their stories using the app. Use important moments of your history as teaching aids. Watch how stories of your ancestors’ hardships, endurance, and faith help you become a better person.
FamilySearch Family Tree is always free. It’s the best way to find and share meaningful, heart-turning family stories that will make an impact on your life and the lives of your loved ones.
You can now add comments to photos, stories, audio recordings, and documents.
Supporting sources for a person are now shown when viewing their vitals.
Tap the Information icon in Ancestors with Tasks to view a new help video.
Ratings and Reviews
Treasures found on family tree
I have entered what I knew, accepted what treasures that came, to find my ancestors, has been the greatest treasures of my life. Good , bad , or otherwise , my people, and I love the knowledge of knowing of my ancestors. These truths can not be taken from me, other people may have reasons to accept or refuse our heritage, the dna, and knowledge show native American & immigrants, bloodlines mixed. I ask nothing for being me, I don’t want paid, for being me. No 1 can take or change by their words ,who our ancestors were, because they moved , here or there to survive, I am who I am because of my ancestors, their blood and teachings are who I am, no one can take away your beginnings. I can look and see the faces of my people now that looked like family found in historic photos, and drawings as far back as museums& history books , have recorded. We knew our grandparents & records prove history & legends to be true, this records match as always been told, many treasurers unfold, not to seek fortunes, only treasured loved ancestors are my treasures! Thank you , and may god bless you! Janet marie kilburn Craig shaner
I love this app!
I have used this app to research my entire family and a number of friends. I have found birth and death records, copies of personal letters and wills, land deeds, land grants for military service, and, oh, the history I have learned. It’s fascinating to read about your ancestry and realize they actually fought in the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the Indian Wars, the Civil War (fighting on both sides of the war); even draft records for WWI AND WWII. Or, that your ancestors lived in Europe during the Black Death, when hundreds of thousand of people died. Or that some ancestors were members of the Order of the Knights of the Fellow-Poor Soldiers of Solomon, known as the Knights Templar! I have ancestors
from Ireland, Great Britain, Germany, Denmark , Sweden, Switzerland, Russia, Egypt, Iran, Afghanistan, Israel and Saudi Arabia. Doesn’t that make you think! I have actually made contact with a number of people that actually shares my DNA; cousins 1, 2, 3, even 5 times removed. What a trip! I LOVE THIS APP!
Great App. Could use a little refinement.
The app is a fantastic database for having to keep track of so many family records. There’s some minor things that would be great if they could be improved.
- Ancestor pictures: Seems like you should be able to click/tap on their picture to see an enlarged picture, but instead when you tap on their picture it takes you to the option to edit or replace their picture. I don’t want to edit, I just want to see a bigger picture of what they looked like
- Homeland discovery: I thought the homeland discovery feature was a little glitchy. It was a little difficult to pan and zoom around the map. I was using an iPhone 7 Plus. Maybe it’s smoother on other devices. This feature has a lot of potential innovation for future versions. It would be could to integrate it with google/apple maps virtual mode to see what the streets look/looked like. It would be cool to see virtually what their headstones look like. Just some thoughts.
- FamilySearch International
- 111.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Intellectual Reserve, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.