Fantastical is the award-winning calendar and tasks app with features like natural language parsing, beautiful Day, Week, Month, and Year views, and much more!
TRY FANTASTICAL FOR FREE
• Beautiful, clean, and easy to use calendar app allowing you to manage basic events
• The DayTicker and calendar makes your schedule look the nicest it ever has
• 3 day weather forecast (powered by AccuWeather)
• 14 day free trial for Flexibits Premium
UPGRADE TO FLEXIBITS PREMIUM (requires subscription)
• Includes Fantastical on all platforms: Mac, iPhone, Apple Watch, and iPad
• Extended 10 day weather forecast with RealFeel and MinuteCast up-to-the-minute weather data (powered by AccuWeather)
• Browse and instantly subscribe to interesting calendars, including sports, TV shows, holidays, and much more (powered by SchedJoules)
• Full task support including Todoist and Google Tasks
• Calendar sets - quickly toggle multiple calendars on or off with a simple click or automatically when you leave or arrive, based on location
• Event and task templates
• Sync calendar sets and templates across devices
• Full screen day, week, month, and year views
• Apple Watch app with Up Next and Weather (and works over LTE)
• Parser autocomplete recommendations for invitees, locations, and calendars/task lists
• Propose multiple times to easily ask people when they can meet
• Combine duplicate events across multiple calendars
• Invitees and availability lookups
• Respond to event invitations
• Default alerts
• Time zone override
• Favorite time zones
• Push updates for Google and Exchange
• Manage Google Hangouts, Google Meet, and Zoom events
• Set event travel time and receive time to leave notifications
• Custom event colors
• Custom home screen icons
• Custom alert sounds
• Hide events without deleting them
• Add attachments to events on iCloud, Google, and Exchange
• Priority email support
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR TASKS IS FAST AND FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or tasks
• Type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or task!
• Powerful parser features, including:
- Create tasks by starting your sentence with “task” ”reminder", "todo", or "remind me to"
- Powerful and expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases like "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
THE BEST TASKS APP TOO
• See your events and dated tasks together in the main list
• Add tasks directly from the Tasks list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and tasks
• Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Support for iCloud Reminders, Todoist, and Google Tasks
WORKS THE WAY YOU DO
• Connects to your favorite calendar services including iCloud, Google, Exchange, Office 365, Todoist, Yahoo, and more
• Automatically add alarms to your new events
• Fantastical is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish
• Start typing your event or task in any of these languages and Fantastical will automagically understand!
EVEN MORE FANTASTICAL
• Background app updating enables events, tasks, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical even if you don't launch the app often
• Birthdays - see your contact’s details or send a quick birthday greeting
• Handoff support between Fantastical for Mac, iPhone, and iPad
• Time zone support including floating time zone support
• Dark and light themes
• Accessibility support
• And much, much more!
- Support for iOS 15, iPadOS 15 and watchOS 8
- Added support for privacy-sensitive widgets on iOS 15
- Added extra large widgets on iPadOS 15
- Added support for Quick Notes on iPadOS 15
- Event and task notifications appear as time-sensitive on iOS 15
- Added option to automatically add Microsoft Teams meetings to new events
- Added option to specify alternative hosts for Zoom meetings (requires a paid Zoom account)
- Added support for detecting DialPad meetings (previous UberConference)
- Fixed an issue importing some ics files with invalid data
- Fixed an issue where changing the time zone of an event created from the parser could cause the end time change
- Fixed an issue where creating a new event from a template wouldn't include the alerts
- Fixed RingCentral conference URLs with passwords not being detected correctly
- Various improvements and bug fixes
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Ratings and Reviews
If you live and breathe appointments and meetings, Fantastical was built for you. Not only does it offer a broad range of different ways to view your calendars and reminders, adding an event is as easy as talking to a digital assistant. And with support for widgets and Apple Watch, you’ll never forget an important event again.
Very nice app, but not quite perfect.
Fantastical has a ton of functionality. This is a huge pro, of course, but it also leads to the app feeling cluttered or chaotic at times. I would love to see more options to have a simpler main screen. I don’t always want to see everything that I have planned for the coming days; it’s a lot easier to focus on immediate tasks if I have the option of only seeing the current day’s tasks and events. Seeing so many future events can feel overwhelming.
I would also like to be able to either create custom length tasks or to be able to check off events like you can in Sorted 3. If, say, I want to block off three hours to focus on cleaning the garage and I get finished in two hours, I have no easy way to end that event early which means it will remain visible on my Watch complication and my home screen widget. You can check off tasks, but unfortunately tasks don’t have a duration setting.
These are my only two complaints about the app. Unfortunately, they are pretty significant to the app’s functionality for me and I will likely go back to my previous calendar app after a little while. The way I use my calendar apps leaves some aspects of Fantastical lacking, but overall it is a great app and a lot of people would probably find it the perfect fit.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback here! There are some setting that you can adjust to make the day ticker view of the app show only today or only today and the next day, this makes the amount of events and tasks in the app feel more focused. We also suggest users to try creating as many calendar sets as they see fit - grouping calendars and task lists into the various areas of life help you keep organized as well. Regarding task duration times, think of tasks as a reminder to do something at a specific point in time rather than a event on your calendar itself. If you have a "task" that you need to consume a certain amount of time in your day, consider this as an event and not a task reminder. We hope that this information finds itself useful to you, if you have questions or need support with anything mentioned here, please feel free to reach out to us at https://flexibits.com/contact
By far the best, and great free upgrades for existing user
Before version 3 I had been actually using a few different calendar apps (including Fantastical 2). Version 3 has brought so many new features, and the feature parity across platforms, that it has fully won me over as my calendar app of choice.
The way that they allow version 2 users to upgrade for free, and made sure that we still get all of the same features we previously paid for across each platform, even if some of them are now normally under the new subscription tier, is very well done. It means you get all of the new design improvements (and there are many) at no cost and if you’re happy with all of the features you had before there is no need to pay anything at all. I found all of the new features so incredibly useful though that I immediately signed up for the yearly subscription. $40 for such a great app and across my iPhone, iPad, and Mac? 100% worth it. Seems like they tried hard to make it the fairest for every type of user and I appreciate that.
A few minor bugs but no show stoppers so far and they seem to be working toward improving things very quickly. I was on the beta for a little while and saw updates coming fast and furious. Looking forward to seeing what comes next!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review and kind words :)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Flexibits Inc.
- 131 MB
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- Copyright © 2011-2021 Flexibits Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Flexibits Premium (Monthly) $4.99
- Flexibits Premium (Yearly) $39.99
- Flexibits Premium (Monthly) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.