Fantastical is the multiple award-winning calendar app with powerful features including an intuitive natural language parsing, a full calendar window with day, week, month, and year views, an ultra-quick access mini window, tasks, time zone support, and much, much more.
Fantastical's natural language event and task creation, beautiful calendar views, and ultra-smart event list make it the best calendar and tasks app you'll ever use. Just type in that you have "Lunch with John on Friday at 1pm" and Fantastical will schedule it! Or type in "remind me to Buy Milk on Tuesday" and Fantastical will create a task with a due date!
TRY FANTASTICAL FOR FREE
• Beautiful, clean, and easy to use calendar app allowing you to manage basic events
• Use the mini window to quickly check your schedule with customizable keyboard shortcut
• 3 day weather forecast (powered by AccuWeather)
• 14 day free trial for Fantastical Premium
UPGRADE TO FANTASTICAL PREMIUM (requires subscription)
• Includes Fantastical on all platforms: Mac, iPhone, Apple Watch, and iPad
• Extended 10 day weather forecast with RealFeel and MinuteCast up-to-the-minute weather data (powered by AccuWeather)
• Browse and instantly subscribe to interesting calendars, including sports, TV shows, holidays, and much more (powered by SchedJoules)
• Full task support including Todoist and Google Tasks
• Calendar sets - quickly toggle multiple calendars on or off with a simple click or automatically when you leave or arrive, based on location
• Event and task templates
• Sync calendar sets and templates across devices
• Full screen day, week, month, and year views
• Apple Watch app with Up Next and Weather (and works over LTE)
• Parser autocomplete recommendations for invitees, locations, and calendars/task lists
• Propose multiple times to easily ask people when they can meet
• Combine duplicate events across multiple calendars
• Invitees and availability lookups
• Respond to event invitations
• Default alerts
• Time zone override
• Favorite time zones
• Push updates for Google and Exchange
• Manage Google Hangouts, Google Meet, and Zoom events
• Set event travel time and receive time to leave notifications
• Custom event colors
• Hide events without deleting them
• Add attachments to events on iCloud, Google, and Exchange
• Priority email support
THE EASIEST WAY TO ADD EVENTS AND TASKS
• Open Fantastical with a single click or keystroke
• Type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or task!
• Powerful parser features, including:
- Create tasks by starting your sentence with “task” ”reminder", "todo", or "remind me to"
- Powerful and expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases like "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
WORKS THE WAY YOU DO
• Connects to your favorite calendar services including iCloud, Google, Exchange, Office 365, Todoist, Yahoo, and more
• Automatically add alarms to your new events
• Fantastical is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish
• Start typing your event or task in any of these languages and Fantastical will automagically understand!
EVEN MORE FANTASTICAL
• macOS Today Widget, Action Extension, and Share Extension
• Handoff support between Fantastical for Mac, iPhone, and iPad
• Time zone support including floating time zone support
• Dark and light themes
• And much, much more!
- Added a "1 minute before" alert option
- Performance improvements when resizing Fantastical's window with month view visible
- Fixed an issue where default alerts weren't added to accepted invitations
- Fixed an issue where Office 365 accounts wouldn't prompt for reauthorization if the login expires
- Fixed an issue where the next upcoming event in the menu bar wouldn't update when the day changes
- Fixed an issue where choosing a template from the calendar window wouldn't keep the selected date when the sidebar is hidden
- Fixed an issue where long events could appear at the wrong time when the option to only show hours from day start to end is enabled
- Fixed an issue importing ics files that are part of a recurring event into Exchange calendars
- Various fixes and improvements
Fantastical 2 users: the features you know and love are still available to you for free. That's right, when you update to the new Fantastical, the features you already had will automatically unlock. And not only do you get the existing Fantastical 2 features, there are even a few new bonus features:
- 3 day weather forecast (powered by AccuWeather)
- Fantastical can run in the background, allowing you to receive notifications and use the mini window even when Fantastical isn't open
- Sync with Todoist and Google Tasks
- Support for attachments on Google Calendar
- Improved parser autocomplete for invitees, locations, and calendars
Looking for more? Add even more power to Fantastical with an optional Fantastical Premium subscription. Try it out with a 14-day free trial.
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Outstanding, “every-day” utility completely replaces Apple Calendar
I’ve been using Fantastical since its very first version, and it remains to this day my “use-it-every-day-all-the-time” ulitlity, on my desktop, laptop, phones and iPads. Fantastical’s best feature is its “plain language” ability to create new events. Works nearly flawlessly to parse dates, times and complicated recurring events (“first day of the month,” "second Tuesday of the month,” etc.). The user interface is excellent, even on small phone screens. Most importantly, this app is dependable, reliable. It syncs flawlessly with itself on all my devices, very quickly. Handles invitations from Outlook users well, and handles locations/maps well, too. Integrates smoothly with Google calendars and with Apple Calendar. Handles shared ICS event files flawlessly.
If I have any complaint (a minor one), it’s that I’d prefer to be able to tweak my user interface a bit, such as enlarging text on the iPhone version, adjusting (‘toning down”) the app’s jarring red color banner, etc.
The iOS version works well. I’m hoping the developers create a “shortcut” capability (other than Siri, which it already has) to allow users to enter events directly from the new Apple “Shortcuts” app, without having to open Fantastical on the phone.
This is a first class app, made for people who use it - and depend on it - heavily.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the thoughtful review and feedback :)
Finally Upgraded From V1 & I’m Very Happy
I bought Fantastical V1 right when it was first released and have loved it right up till this morning. I held off upgrading when V2 came out because I was perfectly happy with the last version of V1, and didn’t feel like spending the money. It was an expensive upgrade back then as now. However, the latest version has improved on things to the point where I felt it was only right and proper that I upgrade, though I’m still not happy about the pricing, and, despite that, I’m happy that I did so: from the new color schemes to the wealth of additional data that’s now available (time to leave, which I want to see if it works with public transportation here in NYC), I’m happy. Had there been a reduced price for those upgrading (on top of a generally lower price overall), even so long after V2 first came out, this would’ve been a 5-star review. Instead, a star loss because of the price.
If you’re still using V1, I think it’s time to come around and support the developer, despite the lack of an upgrade price.
If you’ve never used it before, you’ll be very happy with it. The ease of the drop-down calendar from the top-line menu is simply terrific and I’ve used that all the time.
Terrible for families
I'm a paid 1.x and 2.x user of Fanastical, and for 2 that wasn't cheap. The new 3.x switches to a subscription model which I expected but it is steep, $40 a year. To ease concerns Flexibits has allowed former 2.x users to have all the 2.x features in 3 without paying... BUT the UI is a mess of blurring, red stars, and pop ups asking for payment for the premium features if you do that. It breaks the app in my opinion so the choices now are realistically to stop using Fantastical or pay $40 a year as they have not kept the 2.x version in the app store for Mac or iOS.
Further for families they have completly dropped support for Apple Family Sharing. I justified paying $70 for Mac, iPhone and iPad versions of 2.x knowing my wife and two minor children could use the app also. By the same token I'm willing to pay $40 a year for an outstanding 3.x version if my family can use it... however Flexibit now requires $40 *PER PERSON, PER YEAR* so my family would be $160 a year! They are hoping to offer a "family plan" in the "future" but no date on that, and of course it implies that while it may not be as expensive as today it will be yet more than $40 a year.
This is the best calendar app on the platform, but the price does not justify how much better it is, it does not support families, and it does not take care of 2.x users despite what Flexibits says. Hope the developer reconsiders their approach.
- Flexibits Inc.
- 20.2 MB
macOS 10.13.2 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2011-2020 Flexibits Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Fantastical Premium (Monthly) $4.99
- Fantastical Premium (Monthly) $4.99
- Fantastical Premium (Yearly) $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.