ASA has built a reputation for providing the aviation community with the most accurate and reliable FAR/AIM products available. The FAR/AIM app continues this tradition, containing information from Titles 14 and 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 and 49 CFR) pertinent to pilots, flight instructors, and flight crew, combined with the Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM), and Pilot/Controller Glossary.
ASA FAR/AIM app features:
• Free Updates provided.
• All of the ASA FAR/AIM and FAR for Flight Crew book contents are included: 14 CFR Parts 1, 5, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29, 39, 43, 48, 61, 63, 65, 67, 68, 71, 73, 91, 97, 103, 105, 107, 110, 117, 119, 120, 121, 125, 133, 135, 136, 137, 141, 142; 49 CFR Parts 172, 175, and 830; TSA 1544 and 1552.
• The complete Aeronautical Information Manual including color figures.
• Pilot/Controller Glossary included.
• Study by Certificate lists for Private, Remote, Sport, Instrument/CFII, Commercial, Flight Instructor, Flight Engineer, and ATP allows aviators to hone their studies to the pertinent rules for their individual certificate and operation.
• Text search helps you find what you’re looking for in the FAR, AIM or both.
• Profile and Landscape viewing available for easy reading and viewing figures.
• Ability to increase text size.
ASA tracks FAA changes daily and updates the app when regulations and AIM changes affect pilot operations. The date shown for the app's update reflects the last regulatory change affecting content. A new update will be released when a rule change affects operations.
None of the material in this publication supersedes any documents, procedures, or regulations issued by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). ASA does not claim copyright on any material included herein that was taken from United States government sources; all contents originate from the FAA.
Regulations have been updated to reflect the most current information available from the Federal Registers and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Ratings and Reviews
While it’s great that the application is updated and holds all useful FAR and AIM entries for 2019, the UI is outdated. Speaking as a fellow developer, I honestly don’t understand why they haven’t updated the UI, it literally is a couple hour job, especially for an app that is solely built with UITableViewControllers. Please push on the developer to update this, if they aren’t able to do so easily there is something seriously wrong with your development process.
Needs bookmarks and note taking!!
This is good, but could be way better if you could bookmark sections. It is really important to be able to add notes or a comment box. For Example: under VOR checks in Part 91 it would be extremely helpful to add a note or comment box that the user could add that the procedure to conduct the checks is in AIM 1-1-4. Or even have a feature so you can create a folder or tab where someone could put all the different regulations for ARROW, or aircraft my requirements, etc...
Better than paper
The app is great for three reasons:
1) weight - zero more pounds added to your electronic flight bag, as opposed to the paper FAR/AIM;
2) free updates: buy once, have it forever; you pay nine bucks once and you are set forever. If you buy the paper version, you have to buy a new revision every year;
3) searchability: as they say, you can't grep dead trees.
The quality of the layout and typesetting is ok.
The quality of figures, tables and illustrations is also ok. Totally usable.
A lot of the old-timers complain that the font is too small and they should feature resizable fonts. I agree it would be nice to rescale fonts, but the paper book does not have big types either, so it's not that you don't need glasses for the paper version...
Anyway, I'm happy with the product and I recommend it.
- Aviation Supplies and Academics, Inc.
- 90.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Aviation Supplies & Academics, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.