- Master your vessel: Maintain and upgrade your vehicle to overcome numerous obstacles and natural hazards.
- Discover a unique world: Explore a desolate dried-out seabed, follow the trails of your people and find relics and buildings, that tell the story of a civilization on the run.
- Experience an atmospheric journey: Let the sky full of clouds pass by and heed the wind that drives your sails towards the horizon.
- A Zombie-free Post-Apocalypse: It’s just you and your machine vs. the big nothing.
Traverse a dried-out seabed littered with the remains of a decaying civilization. Keep your unique vessel going, overcome numerous obstacles and withstand the hazardous weather conditions. How far can you make it? What will you find?
"There is something therapeutic about tending to your ship and then just moving along slowly through the day. ... Not a lot of games are brave enough to tell a story this way, and to me, that’s exactly why FAR: Lone Sails is a gem."
5 / 5 - Platinum Rating
Catherine Ng Dellosa, pocketgamer.com
TouchArcade Game of the Week
"There are some games that aren’t really about testing your reflexes, or your high scoring prowess, or any of the many other video game-related skills, but are more about offering up an experience. And boy is FAR: Lone Sails ever an experience. ..."
Jared Nelson, toucharcade.com
"A short, intimate and memorable experience … This is one game that’s a must-play for just about anyone.
- Improved performance
- Adjusted OS compatibility for older devices
Ratings and Reviews
Nice interesting game
I chose to try this game because the ship reminded me of the ships in “Last Exile”. I love puzzle games. I did not look for any help before playing and made it almost to the end before getting stuck and having to search for help. I wish there was some basic help in the game to tell you how important it is to press the steam button to relieve engine pressure and how Important it is to figure out how to fix sparking engines. I recommend this game but wish there was some very basic advice at the start....something like....it is important to figure out ......(you get the idea). I wish it had more chapters for the price. Hopefully there will be more chapters via an update. Overall very happy with the game.
I loved it! I can’t promise everyone will love it as much as I do, but I can tell you what I enjoy. I love games that create an atmosphere that can intrigue and relax me. This game did exactly that. The graphics are great, and the landscapes are so beautifully done. The music is FANTASTIC, and it lends either an adventurous or apprehensive spirit to the game depending on where you are. The story is vague without being distant, so you can still have some emotional connection to it. The gameplay is simple, and not especially challenging, which I enjoy because it allows you to focus more on the world in the game than the mechanics of the game. However, the experience of learning how to run your little ship all by yourself is still a very fun and stimulating one. The movement controls can be a little imprecise at times, but apart from that, this was an ideal game for me :) great work to everyone who contributed to it!
As a cartoonist I do not have a lot of time to play games. I leave one spot open on my main menu for one game. This has that spot. So why is it so great:
1. Supports offline play
2. Atmosphere: without saying or explaining a thing you are just there
3.Imagination: Images are present that bring to mind so many possibilities. It is like a good book. Creating “what ifs” in your mind.
4. Simple: Again for the time strained this a fun journey that uses basic mechanics, yet somehow feels so open.
If there is a sequel, I want a plant for my room. It would be cool to pick up trophies to decorate your bedroom with.
Last note: I would love to feature your game in a couple of comic strips. I have never offered this as I am trying to stay a way from “pop” culture but this feels timeless.
Update: found my plant. Spoiler there is one in the game already. Just had to look
Update No.2: I have finished the game. I have never been so eager at the end of a game for a sequel or additional content. I love the world they have created. I would be happy playing again just getting to chose color. Your guide color is red..maybe offer a green or blue.
Ultimately , in the end this is my current favorite game and the only mobile game I have ever played to finish.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Assemble Entertainment GmbH
- 593.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2020 Okomotive AG and Mixtvision Mediengesellschaft GmbH. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.