Fartlek, which means "speed play" in Swedish, is a form of interval training in which you use the body's energy systems alternating intensities and time durations during the workout.. This puts the body’s energy systems under a acyclic stress, better mimicking sports specific energy demands.
With the Fartlek Drill App you can train in several modes making each workout different. You can either quickly select a drill based on an intensity level and sport or customize the drill in detail to better suit your training needs.
The Fartlek App has a “random” mode, in which the engine generates the number of stages, training intensities and durations based on a given sport. You can also make your own time distribution (percentages) schemes.
You can configure manually each stage’s training intensity and time durations. You can combine random and manual effects, making this App fairly versatile to adapt to your needs.
Using the In-App Upgrades you can upgrade the App to include the Training Zones Module. This module allows you to configure a time distribution scheme and save it as a sport, which can be used it in any run as you use the default sports.
This App is available in a sale bundle with our AeroExaminer App, allowing you about 25% savings when compared to purchasing separately.
• Several standard drill versions
• Quick drill setup
• Random and structured drill modes
• Up to 200 allowable stages
• Select stage training levels from four primary training zones (or paces)
• Five standard training intensities to distribute the total drill time
• Set your own time distribution scheme
• Use the Detailed Setup to customize most drill parameters
• Save your customized drills
• Help available for user input parameters
• Running distance when GPS is available. "Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life."
• Saves data of multiple users.
• Supports portrait and landscape screen orientation on the "Run Screen".
• Can lock the screen orientation before running.
• Listen & control music or audio books while running.
• Detailed drill information with table of contents.
• Male or female voice guidance.
• Several types of announcements.
• Export the user data by e-mail, in sqlite3 and CSV formats.
• Select metric or US units.
• Utilities to facilitate reporting problems.
For more information about the body's energy systems and aerobic and anaerobic fitness, maximum oxygen uptake (VO2max), training concepts and other useful information, please visit the pages in our "Support" section of our Website.
• Redesigned the home screen and general App's appearance
• The training intensity descriptions were changed to better reflect the different levels of intensity in a run
• You can tag your favorite run in the "Details" screen, to access this run quickly
• The App saves your last run settings, so you can later repeat that run. All the parameters are saved, thus even a random type run (like most of the Fartlek runs and Random Pulse) will save the run times for each stage
• Added a start pop out window to quickly select your favorite or last run. This window can be enabled/disabled in the App's "Settings"
• Now the Radar App functions are standard in the Fartlek App
• Made improvements to the Aero Radar functions
• You can upgrade the Aero Radar functions with the "Training Zones Upgrade", which enables to setup training time distribution for any given sport
• If you purchased the AeroTrainer+ upgrade, the random options of the Pulse Drill are now standard
• Added a Menu option to access other App features
• iCloud in no longer needed to backup your run data. The data is backed-up along with your device's backups
• Optimized for IOS 11.0
• Other minor fixes and enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I used it once. Every time I push a button on my phone it ends the drill. Frustrating…
For $5 I was hoping for more. The app doesn't even log distance. Oh well. Live and learn. It has potential but they need to do some work.
**spoke with someone through email a few times but the issue was never resolved.
Not very intuitive
I just wanted an app to do simple Fatrleks. Set the duration, fast time, recovery time and number of sets.
This does not do that
- gluonBoson Applications, LLC
- 16.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011-2019 gluonBoson Applications, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Training Zones $0.99
- AeroTrainer+ App Features $2.99
- AeroRadar App Features $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.