Action and Role-Playing in their purest, gleefulest form!
Fastar! is the timeless tale of a boy with a big sword and a bowtie journeying across vast lands while being ambushed by malicious geometry. Wait, what, seriously? I'm not typing that, it doesn't make any sense. Oh, look what you made me do. I'll just start over.
Fastar! is an Action RPG for when you just don't have time for an Action RPG. Dead simple to pick up and play, you'll be slashing and shopping your way across the grassy plains of [irrelevant flavorful name of fantasy world here] in seconds. You'll cross the world in mere minutes. But mastery of your true objective -- reaching that goal as fast as humanly possible -- could take a lifetime*.
Fun for everyone from the casual player who loves to mash buttons, to the hardcore gamer-optimizer who loves to mash numbers, Fastar! will provide you with hours of minutes of seconds of simple arcadey joy.
- Reasonably adorable hand-drawn graphics!
- 24 different game modes for a variety of play experiences, some of which don't actually count!
- Global arcade-style high scores lists, where you can become internationally renowned if your full name is three letters or less!
- Flashy magic spells for any kind of player, from Daring to Thrifty to Congealed!
- A variety of control schemes to suit your particular playing posture! (Astronaut gymnasts excepted)
- Sometimes in the background you can see a guy on a unicycle! Look for him, he's nice.
* Lifetime reference mammal unspecified
"A ridiculous amount of fun!"
"It's all about speed and it's ridiculously enjoyable."
"It’s all about distilling the unique fun of RPGs... into mere seconds of play."
"Expected to operate uncomfortable"
--WeiPhone.com User Comment (translation c/o Google)
"This is a game everyone can, and should enjoy!"
"[A] great cartoon RPG for the iPhone!"
"What this game has, above all, is that very particular, intangible magic which makes the very few select games rise above the rest."
--Gabrien, TouchArcade forums
"Fastar is a game that tried to do something different, and managed to get it absolutely right."
"Pick it up for some great action!"
Fixed player colors element selection.
Ratings and Reviews
Great; needs fix
This game is pretty cool. It just needs to be fixed so that it doesn’t crash after a game has concluded.
Developer Response ,
We’re actively maintaining our games again, and we’ve fixed a. Inch of bugs. It should be working again!
Long loved game
I’ve had an iPhone since the 3GS in like 2008ish and this was probably one of the first game I ever had for it. Unlike so many other games that have been abandoned over the years or have resorted to intrusive ads or data collection, this game has continually been updated and it retains its simple charm. I’m in a completely different era of my life now and I still enjoy slicing these boxes for coins and points!
One of my favorite old iPhone games
Honestly can't remember how I found this game but I loved it on my iPod touch for several years. I spent a while trying to remember the name of the game so I could find it and re-download it, and I'm very sad to say that the developers seemed to end support a while back. I'd kill for a more polished sequel, or regains developer support, because it was truly one of those "App Store gems"
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cat in a Box Software Incorporated
- 11.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2008-2023, Cat in a Box Games
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.