FastScripts is a powerful tool for running time-saving scripts on your Mac, designed for seamless integration with the apps you use on a daily basis.
FastScripts focuses on running your AppleScript and shell scripts as quickly as possible, without taking you out of the context you are working in.
Define custom keyboard shortcuts for any of your scripts, in a global or application-sensitive context.
FastScripts is an essential tool for Mac scripters!
This update includes performance enhancements for Apple Silicon based Macs.
Version 2.8.2 included the following changes:
- Add a "Restore Default" button to Preferences for the custom menu icon color
- Update the color well in Preferences to accurately reflect the default color as it will render in the menu bar
- Fix visual glitches when running on a future version of macOS
Version 2.8.1 included the following changes:
• The keyboard shortcut for opening the FastScripts menu can now be set to "None" (press the delete key while editing)
• Fix a bug that allowed the Preferences window to be resized too small to show the contents
• Fix an issue that could impede scripts being run in quick succession with keyboard shortcuts
• Fix an issue where the color chooser panel could be lost in the background if switching out of FastScripts while the Prefrences window is active
• FastScript's AppleScript interface now supports a "location" property on script library references, so you can obtain the file path to any node in its script hierarchy
Version 2.8 previously contained the following changes:
• Custom folder icons are now respected by the FastScripts menu
• FastScripts can now be quit by cmd-dragging the icon out of the menu bar
• Revealing a folder from FastScripts now respects the user setting for default folder opener
• Removed FastScripts' custom AppleScript text suite in favor of using the standard system suite, to fix some string coercion problems when running scripts
If you have a minute, please leave a rating or review in the App Store. It means a lot.
Questions or concerns about the app? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Ratings and Reviews
An incredible and easy to use time saver!
I've been using this app for years, and with this update, I thought I would I would say how much I enjoy using this program. It makes using and accessing scripts so darn easy, you almost forget it's there and how powerful it is. Every day, FastScripts saves me so much time, and I especially like being able to assign keystrokes to scripts I regularly use. Can't recommend FastScripts enough.
Developer Response ,
Thank you Steven for taking the time to write such a kind review! I'm glad you continue to enjoy the app.
Very useful and a real time saver
I've used Fastscripts for several years to run Applescripts and shell scripts. I also use it to launch apps. Occasionally I'll use the Fastscript drop-down menu to run scripts but I primarily use easily-assigned keyboard shortcuts.
Fastscripts has a number of useful features that become apparent with time. One example is the ability to set keyboard shortcuts and scripts that apply only when a specific app is active.
On two occasions I've had to contact the developer for support. On both occasions, he has responded quickly with a fix, even though the issue was one of my own doing.
True to its name, Fastscripts runs scripts at top speed, and, for me, it's become an almost indispensable utility. Five stars.
A "must have" for my machine
FastScripts is on the short list of "must have" applications for any Mac I use. It's given AppleScript new life for me. I have a number of scripts that automate complex tasks that I need to perform every day, saving me huge amounts of time. And... when I want to tweak a script to make it better, FastScripts allows fast and easy access. Amazing.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much Steve, for taking the time to write such a glowing review. I appreciate it!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Red Sweater Software
- 6 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Red Sweater Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.