FATMAP is the #1 app for mountain sports.
Find the perfect route, plan like a pro with the world's most advanced 3D outdoor map and record your adventures and share them with the community.
Whether skiing, ski touring, freeriding, hiking, biking or running, if you love mountain adventure, you'll find your community on FATMAP.
Explore the mountains with confidence with FATMAP.
FIND YOUR NEXT MOUNTAIN ADVENTURE
- Search and find the right route for you or be inspired by the community
- Discover the world’s best routes with skiing, hiking and mountain biking guides written and moderated by qualified professionals
PLAN & NAVIGATE
- Know the area like a local and plan your route in detail with the most advanced 3D outdoor map that helps you intuitively understand the terrain
- Create and share custom locations / waypoints
- Locate yourself on the map at any time
- Use peak names, roads, footpaths, rivers and heaps of other map data to quickly orientate yourself and navigate to your next objective
- Use the map ‘Follow' mode to navigate trails while skiing, riding or hiking
CHOOSE YOUR MOUNTAIN ACTIVITY
- Skiing, Freeriding, Ski Touring, Hiking, Mountain Biking, Trail Running and more
GO FURTHER WITH FATMAP EXPLORE
FATMAP Explore is for everyone who wants more out of their outdoor experiences.
TOPO MAP LAYERS
- See official topo maps from swisstopo, USGS, IGN, basemap.it and more in 3D
REAL-TIME SNOW CONDITIONS
- See current snow depth, fresh snow, and snow forecast directly on the map.
REAL-TIME RESORT STATUS
- See which lifts and pistes/runs are open or closed in real time. (At supported Ski Resorts)
- Download any part of the map and use it without an internet connection.
- Conserve battery by using the app in airplane mode
- See your position on the map with no internet connectivity
PRO TERRAIN ANALYSIS LAYERS
- Understand the terrain like never before to make better decisions with Gradient, Avalanche, Flats, Aspect and more layers.
With Explore, you’ll be ready for any adventure.
Access to FATMAP Explore requires a paid membership.
- REVIEWS -
“FATMAP has changed the way I see and act in the mountains” - Xavier De Le Rue, The North Face Athlete
“Useful and inspiring (and also looks really really cool.)” - Forbes
"[FATMAP] may be the most ambitious adventure tech to hit the market since sat phones" - Outside Online
“An app that will revolutionise your backcountry freeriding experience” - Red Bull
** We love feedback! Please send us feedback, ideas or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
** For technical support, contact: email@example.com
FATMAP Explore is available as a 12-month subscription. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You may manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renew after purchase by going to the ‘Manage Subscription’ page in settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription, where applicable. The subscription will renew at the same cost.
Terms of Service: https://about.fatmap.com/terms
Have the perfect mountain adventure with FATMAP! New this week...
** Navigation Mode - FATMAP now locks onto the route you're following so you can easily check if you're still on track!
** LifePass - Connect any LifePass device to the FATMAP app and see its location live on the map
** Community Search - Find your friends by simply typing their name into the search bar
** Edit Profile - You can now update your profile information from the mobile app
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
After having significant issues with my login I reached out through the FB community. The App developer got back to me, explained that the issue I was having was from a known bug. They were able to do a manual reset allowing me to access my account. Now no issues although I’m not sure why a known bug was allowed to stay present. Thank you
Developer Response ,
Hi Ckmitchell10, thanks for your message and sorry that you’re having a problem with your login! We’d love to help resolve this issue directly with you, if you can reach out to our customer support team on firstname.lastname@example.org that would be great. Cheers, Team FATMAP
Best app for exploring outdoor terrain
I now go into my outdoor activities much more informed, and enjoy them a lot more too. I appreciate the level of zoom detail, 3D capability, fly-over feature, Terrain Layers, and Snow Depth. Truly exceptional features. Thanks for this awesome app!
It would be great to be able to overlay the Distance layer on top of the Snow Depth layer. That way I know how long I’ll be traveling over snow to get to my destination. Toggling between the two layers gives me a rough idea but is kinda cumbersome.
Good start but needs route discovery
I use Gaia Maps and Maplets (and Google Maps)- all these apps serve a distinct purpose. Unfortunately, this app does deserve the phone memory. On an iPhone SE the UI is a little choppy. This app is like Google Earth, it doesn’t really add any value beyond that for me. And being old fashioned, 2D topo maps are just fine to use when exploring outside.
So what does this app need? I could see something like this being popular once AR is more widespread, but what it’s missing is everything else needed in backcountry navigation like layer support, trail names, route tracking, the ability the effortlessly find new trails.
- Terrascope Limited
- 96.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Terrascope Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- FATMAP Explore $29.99
- FATMAP Explore $29.99
- FATMAP Premium - Monthly $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.