Tired of fumbling with your FDNY Chart to figure out when you’ll be working two months from now? Sick of coloring the boxes and adding reminders about your mutuals?
FDNY to the rescue!
Custom-designed with the help of New York City firefighters, FDNY is smart about your chart. It knows about the 25 groups and their schedules, pairing of mutual partners, vacations, RSOT, and so on. The calendar screen always shows your day and night tours and your partner’s tours (using colors of your own choosing) for the next 24 months from “today.” It takes only a few taps to enter a mutual with your partner. A few more taps and you’ve got a mutual recorded with somebody else. Separate balances are maintained for each person. And, there’s no need for a new chart every year.
FDNY also contains a list of NYC firehouses and callboxes, complete with locations (one touch to see maps) and firehouse phone numbers (one touch to make calls).
• Displays your schedule for the next two years, including vacations, holidays, and paydays.
• Double-tap any day to see the day and night group numbers, just like the printed chart.
• Integrates with your Address Book to list your colleagues in other groups.
• Records mutuals. Tracks tours earned or owed on a person-by-person basis.
• Formats emails for sending out mutual offers.
• Contains a Logbook for keeping track of tours or hours of your choosing.
• Shows your vacation periods.
• Logs “events” with date, time and location — you can edit the title, text, and location details when you have time.
• Event locations can be mapped.
• Displays your tours and those of your mutual partner simultaneously
• Adjustable colors for day/night tours, vacations, RSOT holidays, etc.
• Track all overtime, P/P, A2R, and CFR-D by pay period.
• Mark special days such as training or medical appointments.
• Quickly locate any NYC firehouse on a map. Sort the list by engine or ladder.
• Tutorial mode: help and tips for every screen.
If you need help, use the in-app email button (on the Help tab) or send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don't put questions or suggestions in a review; there's no way for me to reply. -- Jeff
I reply to all emails immediately (or within a few hours if I'm sleeping or traveling, which isn't often). If you didn't hear from me promptly, it means there was failure in the Tubes. Please try again to contact me.
FDNY is for members of the New York City FD (not EMS). If you’re not a member of that department, then you do not want this app. Instead, check out Scheduler (see "Developer Apps"), which can handle repeatable shift schedules and on which FDNY is based. NYC EMS members should also use Scheduler.
Be safe: do an in-app Backup before updating.
--> Bug fix: FDNY Memorial Day computation. It's Oct 12 this year!
Ratings and Reviews
Great tool, needs a refresh
I’ve been using this calendar for about 6 years now. It almost immediately replaced my paper calendar and it was not very hard to get to learn.
That being said, technology has changed a lot in that time period and I believe this app is due for some upgrades.
iCloud syncing, screen resolution, notifications, etc.
I give 4 stars because the app works great and has since I started using it. But an occasional refresh and upgraded features would be nice.
Must have for iOS FDNY firefighters
Great group chart calendar that sync with your regular calendar. Run my life through this app.
There is a learning curve to really get full use of this app and it will take a while. If you put in all your OT dates, after a year you will have a rolling calendar of when your hours fall off. Keeps track of all your banked/owed mutuals with a person. List of all firehouse locations and phone numbers. Etc.
Possibly a tutorial video should be made to get people started.
Very useful app. Could be great.
This app is very helpful if you area firefighter in the city. There is a learning curve that could be alittle easier. Also for the price I feel it should include more features such as iCloud syncing across devices and back up. I got a new device that couldn't be restored and lost everything. I know there is a back up function now which I use with my iPad but it is clunky. Also native iPad support would be awesome. A lot of guys on the job have iPhone 6/7 plus so supporting that native resolution would also be great. I feel like the text is huge sometimes and more could be fit.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.