An elegant and lightweight RSS client and news reader for your Mac. Feedy uses tweet data to rate the popularity of each story, helping you find the content that is most interesting and noteworthy.
- Built-in reader provides full-length, clutter-free articles
- Top stories highlighted in the list and menu bar so you don't miss them
- Limit the number of stories by popularity from feeds with too much content
- Personal keywords let you highlight stories matching your interests
- Sort stories by time or by popularity
- Folders, favorites, search, notifications, and more
How do the popularity ratings work?
Feedy assigns each item in your feeds a rating. The rating is generated based on the number of tweets mentioning the article, which is a powerful metric of how interesting and noteworthy an article is. Feedy also assigns high ratings for feeds that update infrequently, so you don't miss that rare post from your favorite small website or blog.
Feedy 2.0 is here and is now FREE! New features and improvements include:
- Improved algorithm for generating popularity ratings
- Story popularity displayed graphically in the list
- Ability to import and export feeds using OPML-files
- Feeds limited by popularity more accurate and useful
- Ability to view filtered stories from limited feeds
- Status label indicating when feeds were last updated
- Option to scroll to top when new stories arrive
- Option to mark stories as read when scrolled into view
- Improved thumbnail and summary retrieval for many feeds
- Fixed a number of issues, improved overall behavior, and more
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
There are so many features that are 'almost there' but in the end are thwarted by either lack of exposed depth or bugs.
• Doesn't require Google Reader (though import would have been very helpful).
• Readability integration works wil 90% of the time.
• Ability to change font and font size is good for my aging eyes.
• Best 'popularity' index of all the RSS readers I have tried.
• Can't 'see' the actual popularity rankings.
• Unable to set a threshold for popular stories.
• Preload of web content on the web-tab is 'okay' but would like to see an option to turn this off as I have encountered several cases where embedded video starts playing from advertisements on the web tab, even when you haven't chosen it.
• No OPML Import (this is a must have for any rss reader these days).
• Absolutely no integration with apps like Pocket, Instapaper, or sending links to Pinboard, etc.
• Can't mark all items as read when inside a folder.
• Crashes on me at least 4 or 5 times a week, something other Krillaps don't do.
Jumpy and glitchy - even on a new iMac
I was excited to seee this app, and even gave a donation for it. It is a good, BASIC RSS reader. Where it needs improvement is in how it handles new feeds. The scrolling starts jumping and bouncing all around, causing one to lose their place in reading if not careful. A little work could make this a stellar app, unique in its class.v Until then, stick with web-based services like Feedly.
Finding an Unread Article
Took a flyer on this app, looking to replace Reeder until it comes back from the dead. I've spend only a few hours with this app so far...
Indeed, if you have more that 5 feeds it is a pain to add them since Feedy doesn't support OPML imports or exports for that matter. I opened an OPML file and searched for each and every feed URL. Really!
The 2nd oddity I found was that there is no way to search for 'next unread' article. Some of my feeds are not in folders and there is a blue dot next to "Stories" but the unread article is nowhere in sight. Scrolling a lot (I have > 50 feeds) the unread article did not appear. Where is it? The workaround is to go to the Feeds folder and look at the list of feeds. The feed with the unread article, scroll scroll, is the one with the unread number to the right. Turned out that it was just a Tornado Watch in another state. I confess Feedy, I really didn't care about that and you were right.
I will say the app looks nice, and I added a bunch of keywords to help with its internal rating feature. I have no idea if that's working.
At least I like the app icon and the overall look and feel. I hope the developer will add the find 'next unread' feature with a keyboard interface like 'n' for next or maybe '->'. Better yet, make the keyboard commands configurable please!
I'm gonna stick with this for awhile and see if I can adjust to this app.
The developer, Nikolai Krill, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Nikolai Krill
- 1.7 MB
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Nikolai Krill
- In-App Purchases
- Support the Developer $0.99
- Support the Developer $1.99
- Support the Developer $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.