Femto is a simple, lightweight plaintext editor for iOS.
It's designed primarily as a place to quickly get your thoughts down into text: it launches in less than half a second ready to type, and you can even create and open notes from the home screen.
With powerful features like Markdown support, external keyboard shortcuts, multiwindow support, URL scheme support, and more, Femto is perfect for both light users and power users alike.
Whether you’re making a list of groceries, or writing down your next big idea, Femto will be ready to take it all in.
- Simple and clean design, only using icons from SF Symbols
- Quick list creation
- Markdown formatting and syntax highlighting
- Open text files from any provider (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) from within the app or via the Share Sheet
- Star notes for easy access
- Create new notes using iCloud or Dropbox
- Appearance customization (font family/size, light/dark appearance, accent color, etc.)
- Home screen shortcuts to create/open notes and view starred notes
- Split View and Multiwindow support (iPadOS Only)
- External keyboard support
- Comprehensive VoiceOver support
- Language support for English, Chinese (Traditional), German, Japanese, and Hindi
- No ads!
Until June 17th, 100% of all proceeds from Femto will go towards organizations fighting racism and police brutality. Learn more on femtoeditor.com.
Otherwise, this is just a simple maintenance update.
* Fixed a few more German translations (thanks Matthias!)
* Reinstated “None” timeout delay option
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app has a key feature for me: it can start up in a new note, with the keyboard ready. Very few apps for some reason recognize the importance of starting with the keyboard ready. Saving that extra tap adds a ton of convenience.
However, I shouldn’t have to give a new note a file name. “Untitled” should automatically switch to the first few words of the note. Just keep the ability to manually come up with a new name.
An Apple Watch app would be nice, too. I always review recent notes and capture ideas on my watch with other apps.
Great little basic text editor. No big bulky features I don’t need. Opens and saves plain text files compatible with everything.
Best “hidden” feature, fully functional as a side-over app on my iPad. Need to jot down a quick note? Side it out, type, and slide it back. Perfect!
Love the app, and the developer is very responsive. I email about an issue I had and they responded promptly and fixed the issue in the next update!
Developer Response ,
1. I'll add this in the next update. Thanks for the suggestion!
2. I considered adding alternate icons, but the icons really drove up the size of the app. Maybe in the future I'll revisit that.
Thank you so much for your feedback!
- Justin Hamilton
- 2.5 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, German, Hindi, Japanese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Justin Hamilton
- In-App Purchases
- Ridiculous Tip $4.99
- Generous Tip $0.99
- Gratuitous Tip $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.