Party in the front, business in the back.
Picture in picture for your mac.
Keep a window open, on top of everything else.
Fenêtre lets you visualize a video, a picture, a flat file or a website.
Feel free to watch the latest episode while working on your paper.
Keep an eye on some documentation while working on your latest library.
Have a reference design open while working on your amazing website.
The window will stay on top of the rest.
Simply drag a link or a file on the app's icon in your menubar.
Here's the list of features for both Lite and Pro :
Included in Lite
Refined experience for specific websites
Local files access
Included in Pro
All that is in Free
As many windows as needed
Control over defaults behaviors
Web navigation controls
And more to come...
## 0.7.2 (2019-10-17)
### Bug Fixes
* fix: loading error handling
* fix: safer globalShortcut access
* fix: shortcut register with error handling
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
For specific uses
It basically acts like a chrome window without a title bar. It doesn’t change desktops with the user, but it does always stay on top. I was hoping for something closer to Apple’s built in PIP. A floating window that would change accross desktops with me.
Developer Response ,
The window should follow you across desktops now.
Does what i need it to do
Update: Full version has click-through support - so - that part is removed from my review =]
While there is one thing that i would love to see in this application (more in a moment), overall, it does pretty much exactly what it needs to do: It lets you take a file or link and make it always on top. Fenêtre does this well, almost to the point of being unremarkable.
Now - for most people "unremarkable" might seem like a bad thing, but not in this case - it's like getting a "no comment" response on a financial audit.
I don't want this app to get in my way - I just want it to do what it needs to do, seemlessly, and without fanfare.
Now - what i would love to see, perhaps in future versions:
- Some way to make any already-open window into a floating window. I understand the methodology used to make Fenêtre and why it works the way it does, but I can still dream =]. One of my workflows is to take a screenshot of something and open it in preview, and use that little bit of 'notes'. Fenêtre has allowed me to move that image from the second monitor to right over Atom, which is great - but i have to save the image first to a trash folder in order to do so. Not the best workflow, but less tiring then the previous. So - a net win.
I'll be purchasing the full version shortly.
I downloaded the lite version because I just needed to have a video window open to monitor some hearings. Now, every time i open the computer it opens up a large popup window demanding I upgrade to pro. It should sit there and do its job, but instead it is a constantly annoying ad to upgrade. Not worth the clicks to keep closing the annoying window.
Avoid. Better ways to do it.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you for your feedback.
The popup should not come back after you close it once.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Yoann MOINET
- 92.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 Yoann Moinet
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.