• Enhanced for iOS 17/iPad OS 17
Ferrite is the award-winning app you need for creating podcasts, radio journalism, or other professional voice production work — lectures, speeches, voice-overs and more.
It combines the ease-of-use of a “voice memo” audio recorder, with a versatile multi-track editing studio. Powerful tools like effects and automation are available when you need them. With time-saving features and a UI designed to get out of your way, people around the world are switching to Ferrite.
— Streamlined Recording —
Open Ferrite and with just one tap you’re recording. No fuss, and it won't break a sweat even with hours-long sessions. Just make sure your device has enough free space!
Recording an interview and you want to highlight a few quotes? Have to take out some inappropriate language? Or just fluffed a sentence and need to fix it? Bookmark moments during your recording and they’ll be flagged up during edits, so you can jump right to them.
Monitor levels with live recording meters, or listen through headphones. Tag your audio to find it quickly later. And of course you can import audio from your Music Library, iCloud, and other services such as Dropbox.
Please note: the free version has limited duration for recording & editing projects. Upgrade to Pro and you can edit projects up to 24 hours long!
— Editing is a Snip —
Ferrite features full multi-track editing, from quick cuts, to producing a complete podcast or broadcast package. Zoom out to see hours at a glance, or zoom in all the way down to individual samples.
Take a single clip, or a bunch, and arrange them in an editing project: move, crop, slice, fade in and out, or crossfade between clips just by overlapping them. You have full control over each track’s volume and panning, and can Mute or Solo as needed.
And best of all, you needn’t fear trying out changes: Ferrite has great Undo/Redo — even if you quit the app and come back a month later, you can still undo all the way back to the moment you created your project!
— Advanced Features —
Need more? Ferrite also includes:
• Automatic ducking: set tracks to “duck under” others (e.g. ducking music behind voiceovers).
• Strip Silence: Carves away all the silent sections from a recording, making it easy to edit the remaining audio.
• (iPad only) Split View and Slide Over support: Use Ferrite side-by-side with other apps. Recording a narration? Open another app with your script and place Ferrite down the side of the screen. Or open the User Guide in Safari on one side while you learn Ferrite on the other.
With a single In-App Purchase, you can unlock many additional tools, including:
• Preview at up to 2× speed
• Prepare your audio for production with Noise Reduction and Auto Levelling.
• Add professional effects to your tracks such as EQ, Noise Gate and Dynamic Range Compression, for projects that sound clean and engaging.
• Automate volume, panning and effects settings so they vary over time, both on individual tracks and the final mix.
• Tighten Audio can automatically take out awkward pauses and gaps.
• Producing a podcast or series? Create a template to get each new episode off to a flying start.
• Add cover art, chapters and more.
• Found the perfect settings for an effect or tool? Save them as a Preset for re-use in other projects.
• Audio Unit Extensions: if you have other apps installed that provide effects as Audio Unit Extensions, they’ll show up in Ferrite, where you can add them to tracks or projects.
• Advanced search, smart folders, and template folders.
• Support for our new app, Transcriptionist
• Various performance, user-experience, accessibility and reliability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Version 3 is an improvement
I’ve been using this app to edit my podcast for over a year now. Version two was acceptable, but a little clunky and complicated to use. With version three, they’ve cleaned up the UI to be more modern and intuitive. They’ve also added features like playback speed control, which was a HUGE thing I was wanting!
That being said, my main criticism is still that the app is a little too difficult to discover all of the features buried in here. And that’s a real shame because there’s a ton of stuff in here I never knew about until just recently. there are a lot of “buttons” that simply do not look like buttons, so I never tapped on them to see what they could do.
In that regard, I really should knock a star off of this review. However, I just think it is a fantastic editing experience overall, and I’m glad there are power features in here, or even if they feel hidden.
Perfect tool for certain jobs
I have been using Ferrite weekly for the past year to edit podcasts, and have found it to be perfect for that. It is powerful, portable, and incredibly intuitive to use whether with touch input, or my personal favorite, with the Apple Pencil and the Magic Trackpad.
Having edited one show now with this most recent version, I have only good things to say. It is better in almost every way. The interface is cleaner and easier to use in version 3, the ability to hear the audio while scrubbing makes it incredibly easy to make precise cuts, and the faster playback speed improves my personal editing workflow immensely. Since owning my iPad Pro, this is my absolute favorite “professional” class app for getting work done, and the latest version has improved on almost everything I already loved about this app.
Wow! Something I've dreamed of for years.
Since the first time I recorded something on an iPhone I dreamed of the day we'd have a decent iOS audio editor. This is more than decent! Can't wait to see the further development and feature additions especially a lossless output option and finer tuning on the settings of the compressor etc. This sort of software and the iPad Pro has allowed me to switch entirely to the ipad from Mac and do more than ever before to boot. Can't wait to see the audio recording options continue to grow so that iOS can be a one stop shop for Podcasters everywhere.
Update, with 3.0 you’ve introduced variable speed playback during editing, great file management & tons more. A fantastic product is now even better.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your kind words! Regarding lossless output, Ferrite 2 Pro includes two kinds of lossless output, Uncompressed .WAV (makes large files, but they're widely compatible) and Lossless (ALAC/.CAF), which uses Apple Lossless Audio Compression to make smaller lossless files (but they may not play on non-Apple platforms). If you have other requirements, please get in touch via the Contact Customer Support link inside the app's Tools menu. Thanks!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wooji Juice Ltd
- 25.5 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2023 Wooji Juice
- In-App Purchases
- Ferrite 2 Pro $29.99
- Ferrite 3 Pro $29.99
- Ferrite 2 Pro to Ferrite 3 Pro $14.99
- Ferrite 2 Pro $14.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.