Start saving, early and often. Earn – Save – Invest. Model your Financial life – your earnings, your savings, your spending. Great on your iPad, now better on your Mac!
For all people interested in their financial health and well being, FI Toolkit can help with understanding the terminology and financial interrelationships for planning a future where “Earn – Save – Invest” is a priority for financial security. And, the app provides the visual aids and calculation metrics to know when success is likely achievable. The questions “When will we become Financially Independent?” and “How long will our money last?” being critically important to answer.
You start by entering basic financial information, what you earn, what you save, and what you generally spend. With Financial Independence as the goal, the app projects forward in time to calculate and display your estimated future Account Balance (detailed in a chart and supporting Spreadsheet). By refining your inputs to reflect changes in your “Earn – Save – Invest” strategy, you can investigate the impact on a likely future Account Balance profile and estimate when your money will run out. The app provides a means to quickly model different lifestyle directions you may choose to pursue.
A few of the capabilities to help model your projected financial future includes:
• Determine contributions made to retirement accounts based on current and projected IRS rules
• Deposit and maintain an emergency fund in a savings account
• Define other income sources and durations
• Account for Social Security benefits for yourself and spouse
• Estimate Federal taxes based on simplified assumptions and current tax laws
• Estimate State taxes based on current tax laws
• Tally current expenses and project (with inflation) into future years
• Compare expenses to net income for deposit into investment accounts
• Determine distributions required to cover expenses
• Calculate Rate-of-Withdrawal during retirement years
• Compute Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs)
The app provides login security features (including FaceID if available) and synchronizes with your other Apple devices.
Ratings and Reviews
DO not purchase until adjustments made
Cannot do any projections with a salary above $200k. Cannot contact developer. Useless if your income exceeds$200,000/yr
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review. You can indeed set a salary above the $200k that the slider allows. Just press the the information icon "i" to the left of the slider. You can then set the parameter to any value you wish. The slider is meant to be a simple convenient way to set parameters for the program within a typical though arbitrarily defined range. For future reference, you can contact me for questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Steve Welch
- 10.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Steve Welch
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.