The invasion begins! Pint sized soldiers are storming your country - do you have what it takes to defeat them? Customize your strategic defenses using a wide selection of powerful weapons. Control the battlefield with a vast array of tactics against countless waves of unique land and air invaders! Countless hours of entertainment and replayable challenges! Enjoy a growing experience through DLC maps!
Do you have what it takes to stop the fieldrunners and rise to the top as the ultimate tower defense champion?
• Retina display support for gorgeous artwork!
• Addictive gameplay for hours of action!
• Over 800 waves across 8 unique battlefields!
• 11 devastating weapons for ultimate defenses!
• Stunning visuals in a hyper detailed world!
• Epic amounts of achievements!
• Full Game Center integration!
Experience the award winning tower defense game like never before thanks to full Retina display support! Stop the invading fieldrunners by creating mazes out of powerful weapons in this classic strategy game. Control the battlefield using limitless strategies and a diverse selection of upgrade-able towers!
• "Best Mobile Game Award!" 2009 IGF Mobile
• "Excellence in Art Award!" 2009 IGF Mobile
• #1 in “Top 10 Must Have Games” Gizmodo
• TIME Magazine - “Top 10 Video Games of 2008”
• PC Magazine - "Must-Have iPhone Games"
• EDGE Magazine - “Top 30 of 2008”
• Boston Herald - “#3 iPhone Game of 2008”
CONTACT SUBATOMIC STUDIOS
• Twitter: @Fieldrunners
• Facebook: facebook.com/fieldrunners
• Web: subatomicstudios.com
• Forums: subatomicstudios.com/forum
• Email: info[at]subatomicstudios.com
Everyone here at Subatomic Studios thanks you for playing our first game! Please rate Fieldrunners to show your support.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
• Added full support for iPhone X.
Ratings and Reviews
Still Great! Needs an Update
I recently re-downloaded this to my new iPhone 11. I remember playing this when it first came out years ago on one of my older phones. So glad to see the game still works even though it has not been updated in three years or so. I hope the developer sees all these recent comments and reviews, and realizes that people are still playing this great little gem of a game and therefore will give it some attention that it deserves. As others have noted, scores are no longer saved and things like that. Not a big deal as long as the gameplay remains solid and non-buggy. But an update would be nice.
The game is awesome but needs more levels to unlock
One thing I do not like is that you have to buy some maps maybe you can unlock them by playing a lot.
Waist of money when compared to Fieldrunners2
I played Fieldrunners2 which was a lot of fun and worth my time but bought Fieldrunners the original to play thinking it would be better since it costs money. Well I was wrong. There's only 3 LEVELS you're able to play and another 3 that cost additional money. Plus the towers are crap, there's only 5 towers to choose from which are the most basic towers. Graphics are also terrible and very hard to follow. The levels are super easy and you don't unlock things. Fieldrunners2 is extremely fun and free so when compared this app, Fieldrunners2 should be the one that costs money. In the end it's a complete waist of money, and wouldn't be worth your time even if it was free.
The developer, Subatomic Studios, LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Subatomic Studios, LLC
- 75.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Subatomic Studios, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Skyway Map Expansion Pack $0.99
- Frostbite Map Expansion pack $0.99
- Mudslide! $0.99
- Lavaflow! $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.