From the creators of the National Audubon Society Field Guides and the National Wildlife Federation Guides comes an all-new, beautiful and intuitive guide to 364 herbs found in North American gardens, with almost 3,000 photographs, dynamic search functions, and more. Includes the entire updated text from Taylor’s Gardening Guides, the iconic encyclopedia of North American garden plants.
Utilizing the latest iOS technologies, you can:
• Search by name (common and scientific) using either keyboard or verbal search systems; type or speak all or part of an herb’s name to search for its detailed account.
• Organize species alphabetically or taxonomically.
• Search by herbal uses, annual/perennial, hardiness, height, sun/shade requirements, soil type, growing zone—or any combination.
Every species account contains the entire text content of Taylor’s Guide to Herbs and Taylor’s Guide to Vegetables and Herbs—all recently updated—and features high-quality color photography. Touch to open any or all of the text sections, and to enlarge photos.
Each species account contains:
• the plant’s vital characteristics, appearance, and growing habits
• an explanation of how to grow in your garden
• modern and historical uses, including which parts of the plant are useful
• Genus and Family information
• links to the Wikipedia entry for every species
The apps also contain note-taking and photo uploading functions. Keep a digital journal of your garden and share them with family, friends, and our growing online community.
Other Fieldstone Guide apps include:
• Fieldstone Guide to Amphibians
• Fieldstone Guide to Birds
• Fieldstone Guide to Insects & Spiders
• Fieldstone Guide to Mammals
• Fieldstone Guide to Reptiles
• Improved functionality of the journal/note-taking feature.
Ratings and Reviews
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.