Fiery Feeds is a powerful and highly customisable feed reader and read-it-later client that syncs with most services.
- Smart Views -
◆ Hotlinks - Finds the most linked to websites in your articles
◆ Low and High Frequency - folders shows articles from feeds that only post rarely or particularly often.
◆ Long and Short Articles - folders filter articles by length.
◆ Must Read - folder is a specially highlighted folder, where you can put the most important feeds.
◆ Recents - folder only shows articles published today
- Custom URL Sharing -
Fiery also supports sharing to other apps and websites using URL schemes that you can create yourself or install from the action directory and customisable email templates.
- Text Extraction -
Fiery Feeds can automatically extract the full article text or display the website instead of the truncated article text.
The selected mode is remembered by feed and the full text can even be downloaded for offline viewing.
- Keyboard Shortcuts -
Fiery Feeds fully supports keyboard navigation and keyboard shortcuts. You can navigate the entire app using only the keyboard if you want to.
- Automatic Theme Switching -
You can select a bright and a dark theme, and Fiery Feeds will automatically switch between them, based on the display brightness, or the system mode.
- Feed Managment -
You can subscribe to new feeds, unsubscribe, move or rename them.
You can add new folders, delete, move or rename them. You can even group your folders.
- Folder Groups -
You can group multiple folders into folder groups.
- VoiceOver -
Every feature is accessible via VoiceOver.
- Even more -
Highly customizable - Almost every aspect of Fiery Feeds is customisable. Color Themes, Fonts, Text sizes. If you want a leisurely reading environment, just the headlines, or anything in between, Fiery Feeds has you covered.
Marking Articles Read - On Scrolling, only articles older than some time, or marking all above or below a specific article read.
- Supported Feed Accounts -
◆ Feed Wrangler
◆ Tiny Tiny RSS
◆ The Old Reader
◆ Nextcloud News
◆ Local Only
- Supported Read Later Accounts -
◆ Local Only
- Included Sharing Actions -
◆ Safari Reading List
- Fulltext Search & Saved Searches
- Native Rendering is available for the article view as an option
- Option to swipe in feed and folders list to mark all read, or mark all read by date
- Shows selected hotlink's articles in the list view, if article is opened from feed list directly (only 3 pane mode)
- Action to report a rendering issue in an article
- Searching in settings views
- Filtering in move feeds, tag article views
- Filtering in subscribe and read later extensions
- Left swipe gestures in feed, article and hotlinks lists (on trackpads)
- Add new tags / folders during subscribe / save (depending on service)
- Create/Delete Saved Searches directly in Fiery Feeds [Premium Feature]
- Create/Delete Saved Searches (Feedbin, Inoreader)
- Rename Saved Searches (Feedbin)
- Added "Floating toolbars" setting (Expert)
- Adding new account view is now displayed in a separate window
- Reorganized, and cleaned up settings
- Removed image drop shadow setting
- Remove columns in article view setting
- Fixed issue with selection in feed list, if a feed is visible twice
- Shows assigned tags in the article meta label
- Added small star indicator in meta label
- Tag buttons now shows if any tags are already assigned
- Moved meta label above title in article list, to be consistent with the article view
- Removed automatic settings syncing in favor of manually backups to iCloud
- Cleaned up settings, expert settings (after enabling them) show up in the regular settings view
- Fixed possible invalid limit message (Feed Wrangler)
- Added russian localisation
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Potential...3 issues need fixed
I love Fiery Feeds on iOS and iPad. The Mac version is servicable, but needs three things fixed. 1) Full screen mode strips away the toolbar for reasons unknown? 2) When you open the app it always opens it in a compact mode instead of the window sizes you last left it. I always have to stretch the app. 3) When you click into an article the article list sometimes jumps around in the left column. Its odd behavior.
Otherwise Fiery Feeds feels very simlar on the Mac as it does on iOS as a catalyst app. I'm hoping Lukas continues to iterate on it and fix these three issues.
Update, two of the inssues have improved with updates, while the third issue remains. .
Developer Response ,
1 - Is already fixed, coming in version 2.3.6
2 - Please disable "Close windows when quitting an app" in the mac's system settings > general, the app window is considered a new window by Catalyst, and doesn't retain the size/position.
3 - Yeah, still looking into this one.
High hopes, but not there yet.
Love the iOS app and don't know what I'd do without it, frankly. $30 is a hefty chunk to throw down for an early, buggy Catalyst app, but I've no doubt it'll get where it needs to be to justify the price.
I'll update the review as it gets closer.
Not as pleasing as iOS counterpart...
I recognize this is likely an early Catalyst experiment. I can't keep the app open for more than 2-3 hours at a time before it soars to 11GB of RAM usage. Even when RAM usage is low, the app is jittery and not close to being as pleasant to use as the iOS version.
Will continue to support development through my premium subscription, but hope this version gets better as Catalyst development improves.
Developer Response ,
It is indeed a Catalyst app, and I am aware of some performance and usability issues as the app needs different adjustments for the Mac than on iOS.
You can expect regular updates to fix these issues one after another though.
- Lukas Burgstaller
- 26.1 MB
macOS 10.15 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Lukas Burgstaller
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.