From a few simple elements complexity can arise. Fifth Degree is a MIDI sequencer based on a simple concept: loop around the musical circle of fifths in key and tweak the performance parameters live. You can use it to create a mesmerising loop and change the way it plays or use it as a base while you improvise alongside it with another instrument. You can even use it as a convenient loop of notes while you try out different sound patches on your synthesizer.
• Lean user interface that gathers the essential performance controls on the main screen.
• Fixed sequence of notes (ascending circle of fifths).
• Clearly displays the notes in the key and scale you select.
• Outputs to CoreMIDI output ports (virtual, network and physical).
• Keeps sending MIDI while in the background.
• Can send MIDI notes and MIDI clock, so other apps can choose to synchronise.
Fifth Degree is a MIDI sequencer app supporting any CoreMIDI output: virtual MIDI, MIDI over Wi-Fi and CoreMIDI compatible hardware interfaces. Since it is a sequencer it does not generate sounds on its own, so use it with your favourite CoreMIDI-compatible sound generation app or hardware.
Fifth Degree was developed for the 2014 KVR Developer Challenge. It is powered by the MidiBus library from Audeonic.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Version 1.1.0 of Fifth Degree features a user request: the ability to play all twelve notes in the circle of fifths, in addition to the modes that play the seven in-key notes of a scale. It also features a revamped settings view and fixes a drawing bug.
Ratings and Reviews
It works great!
Definitely a limited sequencer, but it works as intended and does what it does.
Nice Idea for a Sequencer
The developer, Bernie Maier, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Bernie Maier
- 1.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2017 Bernie Maier