Figure makes it easy to create great-sounding music in seconds.
Create an addictive beat before the barista brings your coffee or lay down a beefy bass line while waiting for the bus to arrive.
Figure is intuitive enough for beginners to make music within seconds, yet deep enough for you to get lost in endless play on a transatlantic flight.
Simply slide your finger across the play pad to record and tweak catchy drumbeats, memorable melodies and fat bass lines. Just bring your inspiration and Figure will help you take care of the rest.
• App Store Hall of Fame Inductee
• App Store Editor's Choice/App of the Week in many countries
“Exceptionally simple to use, and you'll be making music in seconds.” – Music Radar
“Exceedingly fun and easy to use… a deeply involved music-making experience.” – The Verge
“Anyone can craft killer beats with this superbly designed music maker.” – App Store Editor’s Notes
"Figure Music App Is Awesome, Easy to Use" – Wired
"Makes powerful electronic music-making technology accessible to all." – The Guardian
"Music-Making App Lets You Be The Artist" – NPR
• Sounding like a pro has never been this easy.
• Explore the world of music-making with no experience required.
• Create complete songs with drums, bass and lead melodies.
• Compose and experiment by sliding your finger across the play pad.
• Never play a bad note – Figure keeps you in key, and on the beat.
• Add cool and exciting effects to your songs with easy XY-automation.
• Tweak and manipulate your song on the fly.
• Share your original creations to iTunes® library.
NITTY GRITTY DETAILS:
• Play in different keys & modes—set once or change on the fly
• Transform chords into melody lines with arpeggiator
• Tighten or loosen up your beats with Swing
• Add club sound to your tracks with Pump
• Save, browse and load song files
• Set length of loop (1, 2, 4, 8 bars)
• Select Bass & Lead Synth sounds from Reason’s Thor synthesizer
• Huge Drum sounds powered by Reason’s Kong drum machine
• Stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps—see http://audiob.us for more information
• Background audio (in device Settings)
** Requirements: iOS 11 or higher.
• More options to share your songs
• Background audio bug fixed
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Anyone can craft killer beats with this superbly designed music maker. Lay down synth, bass, and percussion tracks with a few simple swipes, then tweak rhythm, tempo, and other elements until you like what you hear.
I love Figure.
I’ve been using Figure since it first released, and I still using it on a daily basis. Why use journals when you can say how you feel through easy to make melodies? I’ll still go back to old songs and either fine tune them or remix them entirely.
I have no musical experience, mind you. I know nothing of song keys or structure. Choose a key, you’ve got eight bars, make something nice in a matter of a few minutes once you have it down.
Devs, I would absolutely love to see the ability to two things:
1) Volume automation. Similar to how I can record the tweaks of different pieces of the song, I would like to be able to crescendo certain parts of the songs.
2) This one is a stretch, but I want the ability to send my song files to other friends with the app. Back when Propellerhead had the ability to share songs online, I’d share, have a friend download, then they remix it, then I download, then remix it... very lengthy process. Let me share my songs easily!
Overall: Figure has an intuitive interface that makes music programming fun. It’s a must-have for anybody really. If you aren’t familiar with Propellerhead just know that they make fantastic software. This app offers a multitude of synthesizers & drum machines, although I must admit the composition aspect is a bit lacking.
You are constrained to looping a maximum of 8-bar segments, then you must create a new file for the next scene. This limitation seems OK at first- I’ve tried to compose tracks using only audio from this app but it seems impossible to achieve a sense of continuity in the final result. The loops play out one after the other, but none of the elements transition nicely between the all-too-brief intervals.
Anyways the sound engines are fantastic for both the basses & the synths. The drums are mostly misses for me but there are a few worth checking out. I’ve had this app for 6+ years and it’s one of my favorites. Definitely give it a try!
- Reason Studios AB
- 109.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Propellerhead Software AB
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.