FileApp is a file and documents manager for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
FileApp reads many files types such as PDF, Microsoft Office documents and plays multimedia contents.
FileApp will let you store files and folders on your iOS device just like Windows Explorer or the Finder on the Mac.
FILE STORAGE & TRANSFER
- USB file transfer to Mac and PC using DiskAid or iTunes File Sharing
- Robust wireless file transfer to computer via Wi-Fi (HTTP, FTP)
- Stores any file sent from any third party app (Mail, Safari...)
- Allows to "Open In..." any compatible app (Pages, Numbers, iBooks...)
- Secure folder protects files when the device is locked with a passcode
DOCUMENTS & FILES
- System-wide Pasteboard - copy text and images, paste them to FileApp to create a file automatically!
- Powerful PDF Editor with annotation, edition, comments and bookmarks support
- Create and edit text files (.txt, .html, .xml … )
- Microsoft Office documents (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), all formats supported
- RTF and Plain Text
- iWork documents (Pages, Numbers and Keynote)
- HTML files
- Safari Web Archives
- ZIP (Uncompress zip archives)
- Send documents via email attachments
- Open attachments from "Mail" app
- Built-in image editor with many filters and enhancements
- Instant image sharing to Twitter & Facebook
- Send multiple images via email attachments
- Import pictures and movies both from Camera Roll and Photo Library
- Take pictures within FileApp
MUSIC & VIDEOS
- Audio (MP3 VBR, AAC, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV)
- Video (standard iPhone format : H.264, MPEG-4)
- Background, Continuous, Shuffle and Repeat play modes available
- Full AirPlay support
- File encryption with iOS Data Protection
- Passcode to protect FileApp at startup
- Wireless transfer Password if needed
Minor compatibility fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Problem With Continuous Play For Video Files
FileApp is my favorite app that I have been using for a few years. The app has a lot of features as described in the app’s description. I primarily used it as an audio and video player as it is compatible with a number of media formats. In the past it supported continuous play for video playbacks but the latest version doesn’t support this feature for videos. It only supports audio continuous play. If video and audio are in the same folder, it plays only the audio files skipping the video files, if started with audio playing. This means that it skips the video files instead of playing them back in the sequence they appear in the folder. This feature really discouraged me to use the app. I wish the developer fixes this problem.
Define “file management” - and this is not it
Just downloaded in hopes of managing files on my iPad Pro. Opened it up to find no files listed in the app. I thought that perhaps I had mis-read instructions and went to the support area on the developer site. I read the following note in the support area (BTW it is very helpful - kudos) “FileApp is a file manager and viewer but does not browse the iOS system itself. In other words, FileApp will show the files that you add to it.”
I’m sorry, I can only manage files that I add to the app? Well then what about the other 10Gb of files I need to manage that are already on the device? Sorry dude, but that is not managing files on the device.
Hate to say it, but I think all those positive ratings are shills. I can’t imagine that there are not others out there similarly misled by the advertising in the App Store. For managing files, this is not what you are looking for.
Took one star off because in my view tasks could be accomplished with fewer key strokes. For example, when I move a file from the Downloads folder and hit "move here" I want to be able to view/open it immediately. Instead of staying in that directory, the app takes me to the root of the directory structure and I must drill and drill to get back to the folder where the file was moved to. Also the bar with the sorting options is both hard to get to and too narrow for my fingers.
- DigiDNA SARL
- 46.4 MB
Requires iOS 7 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2006-2018 DigiDNA Sarl
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.