FileBrowser for Education is an extended version of FileBrowser with enhanced security and control features for schools, colleges and universities.
== Bulk purchase discount available via iTunes Education Store ==
With FileBrowser for Education, users can benefit from direct and secure file access to servers, workstations and other storage devices on the network. No additional configuration of IT systems is necessary.
Office Apps Integration
- Use the document picker in MS Office apps to open files from network file servers, edit them and automatically save back.
- Access file servers and iCloud storage
- View documents and optionally store them for offline viewing
- Show a video, PowerPoint or Keynote direct from the server
- Copy and move between any type of storage, from single files to whole directories
- Integrates with other apps allowing you to edit, save and share files
- Integrates with your existing infrastructure, including Active Directory
- Integrates with iOS data protection, utilising hardware-based encryption to secure content
- VPN on-demand support for third-party VPN clients
- Supports Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS)
- Requires no additional software on file servers
- Centralised distribution of FileBrowser configuration settings
- Enforced security lockdown
- Confirm to your Mobile Security Policies
- Prevent users from changing local settings
- Selectively override any local configuration setting
- Distribute file server connection details
- Control whether offline viewing/storage is permitted
- Control whether content can be emailed as attachments
- ‘Kiosk’ mode for highly directed file access
FileBrowser uses the SMB1 & SMB2 network access protocols (also known as CIFS or Windows File Sharing). This enables access to Macs, PCs, NAS drives, & Windows File Servers.
It can also connect to the following types of server:
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013
- Microsoft OneDrive for Business (as part of Office365)
- WebDAV servers
- FTP servers
- SFTP servers
- Dropbox cloud storage
For fast friendly support please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
Here's another update with some new features and a number of improvements and fixes for issues reported by you.
* Select your own frame for video thumbnail.
* Added an option to create borderless PDFs.
* Auto-hide sidebar when viewing an image.
* Advance warning of name collisions when renaming.
* Improved bluetooth hearing aid support.
* Improved video playback from network folders.
* Improved document reader toolbar.
* Improved icon generation in the Files App.
* Improved error messages for split-screen drag/drop.
* Increased font size on home screen.
* Fixed a touch dead-zone in the folder view.
Thank you for helping to make our apps better. If you would like to rate or leave a review on the App Store, we look forward to hearing your feedback.
Unlike other file manager apps, we never gather any of your data.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 88.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Stratospherix LTD
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.