FileBrowser for Education is an extended version of FileBrowser with enhanced security and control features for schools, colleges and universities.
== Bulk purchase discount available via iTunes Education Store ==
With FileBrowser for Education, users can benefit from direct and secure file access to servers, workstations and other storage devices on the network. No additional configuration of IT systems is necessary.
Office Apps Integration
- Use the document picker in MS Office apps to open files from network file servers, edit them and automatically save back.
- Access file servers and iCloud storage
- View documents and optionally store them for offline viewing
- Show a video, PowerPoint or Keynote direct from the server
- Copy and move between any type of storage, from single files to whole directories
- Integrates with other apps allowing you to edit, save and share files
- Integrates with your existing infrastructure, including Active Directory
- Integrates with iOS data protection, utilising hardware-based encryption to secure content
- VPN on-demand support for third-party VPN clients
- Supports Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS)
- Requires no additional software on file servers
- Centralised distribution of FileBrowser configuration settings
- Enforced security lockdown
- Confirm to your Mobile Security Policies
- Prevent users from changing local settings
- Selectively override any local configuration setting
- Distribute file server connection details
- Control whether offline viewing/storage is permitted
- Control whether content can be emailed as attachments
- ‘Kiosk’ mode for highly directed file access
FileBrowser uses the SMB1 & SMB2 network access protocols (also known as CIFS or Windows File Sharing). This enables access to Macs, PCs, NAS drives, & Windows File Servers.
It can also connect to the following types of server:
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013
- Microsoft OneDrive for Business (as part of Office365)
- WebDAV servers
- FTP servers
- SFTP servers
- Dropbox cloud storage
For fast friendly support please email email@example.com. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
The Get Folder Info feature that you have been enjoying is now available from the root folder of drives. Find it in the View Options menu.
* Fixed connecting to a server that auto-triggers an iOS VPN connection.
* Fixed Home Screen links sometimes not working.
Thank you for helping to make our apps better.
Unlike other file manager apps, we never gather any of your data.
- 76.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Stratospherix LTD
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.