Filmic Legacy is available only to filmmakers who paid for Filmic Pro v6 before the 25th of August, 2022. It will continue to receive bug fixes but will not receive any new features.
Filmic Legacy (previously FiLMiC Pro v6) features cutting-edge capabilities and a responsive manual filming experience.
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, Filmic Pro has been used in more high profile video projects by award winning directors than any other app:
Unsane & High Flying Bird - Steven Soderbergh
Tangerine - Sean Baker
Lose You to Love Me - Selena Gomez
Stupid Love - Lady Gaga
Detour - Michel Gondry
Snow Steam Iron - Zack Snyder
Filmic Pro provides filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, and artists with the capability to shoot in a true LOG gamma curve. LOG V2/V3/V3* allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production by expanding dynamic range and setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with traditional camera systems costing thousands more.
Filmic Pro also offers a range of cinematic film looks that can be applied in-camera at time of capture to deliver a truly cinematic aesthetic without the need for timely grading in post.*
Note: Multicam support is not included in Filmic Pro but is available in our companion app: DoubleTake.
v6 Banner Features:
• Dual arc slider controls for manual focus and exposure
• Live analytics suite of Zebras, False Color and Focus Peaking (limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p)
• Dolby Vision HDR support (limited to 4K 30fps. Incompatible with CineKit)
• ProRes support on 13/14 series
• Realtime film looks (8-bit/DolbyVision)*
• Frame.io Camera to Cloud integration on iPhone 11 & newer
• 10-bit SDR support for 12 series & newer*
• Clean HDMI Out for monitoring & webcam use
• Ramped zoom rocker
• Waveform monitor including tri-mode histogram
• Manual white balance adjustment & custom presets
• Content Management (CMS) for file naming
• FiLMiC Sync account to store presets in the cloud and share between devices
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOGv2/V3/V3+*
• Shadow and highlight controls
• RGB, saturation and vibrance controls
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop + video preview
• Vertical and landscape support
• Variable speed zoom
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48, 50 and 60 fps
• High speed frame rates of 60,120, 240 fps (hardware dependent)
• Slow and fast motion FX
• Time lapse capture
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform
• Downsampling to lower resolutions
• Saved shooting presets
• Framing guide overlays
• Image stabilization
• Support for Filmic Remote. Remote allows you to control an iOS device running Filmic Pro with a second device running Filmic Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
• Exposure: ISO and shutter speed
• Manual focus
8 aspect ratios including:
• Widescreen (16:9)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, FTP.
4 encoding options to balance quality and file size:
• Filmic Extreme (~150Mbps encoding at 4K on latest gen devices)
• Filmic Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• 1.33x and 1.55x anamorphic desqueeze
• 35mm lens adapters
• Horizontal flip
• Zhiyun Smooth 4/5
• DJI OSMO Mobile 1/2/3/4/5
Advanced Audio Features:
• Pro audio formats: PCM, AIFF, AAC
• 44.1 & 48kHz
• Headphone monitoring
• Pro audio meter
• Manual input gain
• External microphone level control
*Note: Not all features available on older devices and resolution and frame rate restrictions may apply.*
This version fixes a bug that was preventing users from recording. We are sorry, guys! All good now!
Ratings and Reviews
New Subscription Model is TERRIBLE!
I paid for the Filmic Pro V6 app in 2017 and have loved using it ever since. It has been my default for taking videos since I purchased it as it once was the best video app that could be bought. Now they lock the new features behind a subscription wall cost $1.99 a week or $40 A YEAR!!! This is outrageous! I Hate that this app has now moved to a subscription model with no option to purchase the software! Why couldn’t they leave V6 alone and release V7 as a different app but no!! If you update Filmic Pro, it forces you to move to V7, then one has to jump through hoops to download the legacy version and move footage back to the legacy version. I get that you can’t keep supporting V6 long term without gaining additional revenue, but switching to a subscription model, for $40 a year! Why can we just buy V7 for $15 or $20 once and not have to pay yearly! That would at least be better than continuing to pay for a tool. I don’t have to pay every year to use my Sony camera, nor do I pay to pay every year to use the default camera app, ProCam or another app. At the very least past customers should have the ability to pay once for V7 and use it until V8 comes. I get that you have the right to make this move, but I also have the right to use something else which I might have to do. This was a disgusting way to go about releasing an upgrade!
App was acquired and became a subscription model bait and switch
This is positively nauseating. One of the best video apps in the history of the App Store has pivoted into a subscription scam model to squeeze recurring revenue from people no matter how much they actually use the thing.
How wonderful, one of my favorite tools has been turned into a SERVICE that people can REPEATEDLY pay for if they want version updates. Oh, and very cute, users who purchased this tool back when it was a tool and not a SERVICE get to download this sneaky always-unlocked version of the app. Hooray for me and past owners. Downright gross for future users.
I can’t believe an app and development team I had the utmost respect for and who I felt had the utmost respect for their users would make such a greedy, frustrating, backwards and upsetting decision. This app was once truly wonderful. However, I will never recommend it to another living soul as long as the team continues in this anti-consumer, anti-creativity new direction. Shameful, unexpected, and so very sad.
Don’t like but understand.
As a business owner I understand that work requires some sort of monetization to keep the lights on. Maybe the real mistake was not to plan on years coming and the one-time price for the app was not the best way to go from the start, especially being so expensive (for an app), but to me it was worth it. However I understand money has to be made and people have to get paid to keep working so I don’t sense any bad intentions, just time catching up. I have bought apps AND devices before, like my Apple Watch 3 which no longer updates but gives me all the features I originally paid for, so I feel like what I spent on Filmic years ago has already given me my moneys’ worth and then some. Still unsure how much I will use v7 as I am now more of a casual user but really appreciate the fact they gave us v6 to use freely.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bending Spoons Apps ApS
- 201 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 FiLMiC Inc.