Filmic Pro v7 transforms your mobile device into a professional cinema camera, allowing you to capture the highest video quality possible on a smartphone or tablet, with the most intuitive capture experience — ever.
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, Filmic Pro has been used in more high profile video projects by award winning filmmakers than any other app:
• Stupid Love - Lady Gaga
• Tangerine - Sean Baker
• Unsane & High Flying Bird - Steven Soderbergh
• Snow Steam Iron - Zack Snyder
Redesigned from the ground up, Filmic Pro v7 provides filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, and social media content creators with the most powerful and intuitive camera experience available, with a full suite of advanced yet easy to use features.
| — V7 New Features — |
• Dedicated Focus/Exposure Mode selector, comprising three intuitive focus and exposure modes.
• Redesigned Manual Sliders for improved focus and exposure control:
— New Exposure/Zoom Slider provides discrete control over LV; ISO; shutter speed; and zoom.
— Improved pull points for automated rack focus and zoom moves.
• Quick Action Modals (QAMs) put key functionality at your fingertips front and center in the main interface, eliminating the need to dive into settings.
• Action Slider can be revealed to provide a real-time readout and control over key capture settings including ISO, shutter speed, white balance, and gamma curve. Tap a value to interact with its associated QAM for unrivaled control.
• Custom Function (Fn) Button now allows you to map one of dozens of available custom functions to the main UI, so your most used feature is only ever a tap away.
• Enhanced pro audio capabilities with support for 16/24-bit audio.
— — Headline Features — —
• ProRes Capture (Proxy; LT; 422; 422 HQ; 4444)*
• iPad Pro M2 exclusive: ProRes 4444 XQ
• Log gamma curves*
• Realtime Film Looks for cinematic results without the need for grading*
• Live Analytic suite including Zebras, False Color, Focus Peaking*
• Support for DolbyVision HDR, 10-bit SDR, and 8-bit HEVC/H264*
• Clean HDMI Out transforms your device into a pro level web cam
• Frame.io Camera to Cloud (C2C) support*
• Advanced Audio Controls for manual input gain, 16/24-bit audio; uncompressed PCM
• CMS for industry standard clip naming conventions.
— Foundation Features —
• Manual control over every capture parameter
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop + video preview
• Vertical and landscape support
• Sync audio frame rates of 24/25/30/48/50/60 fps*
• High speed frame rates of 60/120/240fps*
• Slow and fast motion FX
• Time lapse
• Histogram & waveform
• Downsample to lower resolutions
• Capture presets synced to the cloud
• Image stabilization (standard/cinematic)*
• Support for Filmic Remote. Control an iOS device running Filmic Pro with a second device running Remote.
• 8 aspect ratios including Widescreen (16:9); Ultra Panavision (2.76:1); Square (1:1).
• 4 encoding options for H264/HEVC to balance quality and file size
• 3rd Party Hardware Support
— 1.33x and 1.55x anamorphic desqueeze
— 35mm lens adapters
— Horizontal flip
• Supported Gimbals
— Zhiyun Q3/4 + Smooth 4-5
— DJI OSMO Mobile 1-5
• Advanced Audio Features:
— Pro audio formats; headphone monitoring; manual gain
* Features are hardware or configuration specific. For more information visit our website.
• Subscription length: weekly, yearly
• Payment will be charged as soon as you confirm your purchase
• Your subscription will renew automatically, unless you turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• When canceling a subscription, your subscription will stay active until the end of the period. Auto-renewal will be disabled, but the current subscription will not be refunded.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
Terms of Service: https://support.bendingspoons.com/tos.html?app=436577167
Just a few performance improvements for you! Enjoy!
Ratings and Reviews
Whether you’re shooting for film, broadcast, or your family reunion, Filmic Pro will take your footage to the next level. It’s the same app that experts have used to shoot commercial projects around the world, providing complete control over your camera’s focus, exposure, frame rates, and more. It’s powerful on its own but built to support external microphones, lens adapters, and other production accessories. It really does put true professional-quality videography at your fingertips.
I was a Legacy user for a few years. I have no problem with the subscription model but I really wish that the UI layout was more closely arranged like the app that made it a legend. The new quality and features in the V7 are awesome. Unfortunately a lot of us use manual controls for both iso/LV and Zoom simultaneously. The zoom slider rocker on the right hand side is hard to control at the exact zoom speed desired. If in a future update you guys could make it possible to switch the manual focus over to a manual zoom wheel (reticle) so we could once again have a manual iso on the left and a manual zoom reticle on the right simultaneously, lots of Legacy users would likely come back, especially if they’re not taking advantage of the loyalty discounts you were cool enough to honor. I know I and my classroom would anyway. In some recording situations where manual controls are desired, it’s currently tricky to switch the left QAM from LV to Zoom in the landscape position when beforehand we could tap auto zoom (at preset speed) then quickly control iso as it zooms. Although your auto iso is really awesome, it doesn’t always automatically adjust to the desired exposure level we want.
Anyhow, your technology is very impressive and the result’s beat everything else out there. All of this combined with the classic layout would probably send ratings up even higher. Nice work Fimiic! 👍
Bugs on iPhone X
I purchased this app because I had heard many great things about it and I will say that I was very impressed with a lot of the tricks of this app has to offer. However what’s been disappointing me over and over again is it the app has been crashing when using high frame rates, and not even for that long of a period. It will freeze when entering the review portion of the app where I would view the videos I’ve taken. I’ve also had times where I am switching resolutions and the app goes into mirror mode, which I’m sure is not supposed to happen. The image becomes upside down and reversed left to right making it impossible to record until I shut down the app completely and sometimes even have to turn off my phone. I have had the focus and exposure dials randomly start turning on me and I’ve also had exposure settings changed even though I have had them locked in. Overall I’m pretty disappointed because I never had these issues with ProMovie recorder which was only three dollars and I had heard amazing things about this app. These bugs could get taken care of I would be 100% satisfied because there are a lot of great things this app provides but I’m just not there yet. Thanks guys.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bending Spoons Apps ApS
- 238.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 FiLMiC Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Filmic Weekly With Free Trial $1.99
- Filmic Weekly With Free Trial $2.99
- Cinematographer Kit $13.99
- Creator Bundle Weekly with FT $9.99
- Filmic Weekly No Free Trial $2.99
- Filmic Weekly With Free Trial $2.99
- Filmic Yearly With Free Trial $39.99
- Back to School Yearly Sub $19.99
- Weekly Bundle with Free Trial $4.99
- Creator Bundle Weekly $9.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.