FiLMiC Pro v6 is the most advanced cinema video camera for mobile. Ever. FiLMiC Pro has been enhanced with cutting-edge capabilities and the most responsive manual filming app available on iPhone and iPad
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects by award winning directors than any other video app:
Unsane & High Flying Bird by Steven Soderbergh
Tangerine by Sean Baker
Detour by Michel Gondry
Snow Steam Iron by Zack Snyder
Three Minutes by Peter Chan
Olivia Wilde - No Love Like Yours
Claude Lelouch - The Best Years of a Life (Premiere Cannes 2019)
FiLMiC Pro provides filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, artists and musicians with the capability to shoot in a true LOG gamma curve (included in the Cinematographer Kit optional in-app purchase). LOG V2 allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production by expanding dynamic range by up to 2.5 extra stops and setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with camera equipment such as dslr costing thousands more. †
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for manual focus and exposure adjustments.
•Live analytics suite including Zebra Stripes, Clipping, False Color and Focus Peaking. (A8 processor or newer required).
• Ramped zoom rocker control.
• Waveform monitor including tri-mode histogram.
• White balance adjustment matrix with predefined and custom presets.
• Content Management System for project file naming.
• FiLMiC Sync integration to store preset data in the cloud and share between devices.
• Batch upload to supported share targets.
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOGv2. †
• Live shadow and highlight adjustments. †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance adjustments. †
(† Available as an optional purchase for iPhones with an A9 or newer processor and iPads with an A10X or newer processor. Limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p)
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and live video preview.
• Vertical and landscape shooting orientations.
• Variable speed zoom.
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48 50 and 60 fps.
• High speed frame rates of 60,120, 240 fps (hardware dependent).
• Slow and fast motion FX.
• Configurable time lapse recording.
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform monitor. (A7 processor devices and newer)
• Downsampling to multiple size/resolutions.
• Customizable saved shooting presets.
• Aspect ratio framing guide overlays.
• Thirds guide for composition.
• Image stabilization.
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. FiLMiC Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
Up to a dozen different resolutions and aspect ratios including:
• HD Widescreen (16:9)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Digital Cinema Initiative (17:9)
• Standard Definition (4:3)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, SanDisk iXpand, FTP
4 Flexible encoding options to balance between quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers up to 140Mbps encoding at 4K on latest gen devices)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• Moondog Labs Anamorphic Lens (2.40:1)
• 35mm lens adapters
• Horizontal image flip
• Zhiyun Smooth 4 gimbal
•Movi Cinema Robot gimbal
• WD Wireless Passport Pro
• DJI OSMO Mobile 1 & 2 gimbals
Advanced Audio Features:
• Multiple audio formats: AAC, AIFF or PCM
• 44.1 * 48kHz sample rates
• Headphone monitoring
• Dynamic audio meter
• Adjustable input gain
• Support for external microphone levels
***Not all features available on older devices.
v6.11.0 of FiLMiC Pro includes numerous bug fixes and performance enhancements for a better shooting experience. Key improvements in this release include:
- Improved framerate adherence on A13 devices when shooting 4K 60fps in portrait.
- Volume keys now trigger a recording by default when no headset is connected. This can be disabled under the ‘Device’ menu in settings.
- Transitioning from reticle to auto mode via a double-tap on the focus and exposure reticle has been improved.
- An issue that prevented successfully locking shutter speed on the iPhone 8 has been resolved.
- Transfer mechanism for copying clips to the Photos app has been greatly improved.
If you have any questions, suggestions or findings please contact us at email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Whether you’re shooting for film, broadcast, or your family reunion, Filmic Pro will take your footage to the next level. It’s the same app that experts have used to shoot commercial projects around the world, providing complete control over your camera’s focus, exposure, frame rates, and more. It’s powerful on its own but built to support external microphones, lens adapters, and other production accessories. It really does put true professional-quality videography at your fingertips.
Missing key features.
Thank you developers for the quick response and feedback. While I understand the need to update the app; it would take far more time to update the app to replace the 2.59:1 with 3:2 than it would to replace the text in the literature and on the site to reflect that change as well. The manual being a compiled PDF shouldn’t take the time it has taken to address this and on the site itself it still lists 2.59:1 as a framing option. I do thank you for the clarification and quick response.
Everything I have seen directed me to Filmic Pro for my handheld cinematography. Which to me was a massive testament to this app. $25 for the app and all of its features is a great price. My issue with it is that the entire reason I purchased this powerhouse was to shoot in 2.59:1; an option replaced on my iPhone 8 Plus with 3:2. There’s no literature I can find for how to get this option back; nothing in the manual; and nothing in the Aspect Ratio video on the site. I’ll keep the app as I love the lighting controls as well as the dynamic focal point control; this app gives a fantastic angle of control to my cinematography that I no longer need my Canon or Nikon to achieve.
Developer Response ,
Right-o Dan! We'll make sure the manual and app store description both reflect this appropriately.....great point! Original response: Hello Dan, Thank you for the review. That must have indeed been a bummer and we're sorry for having made that change. A bit of background. The current aspect ratio selector has a fixed width and number of selections. We were receiving a large number of requests for 3:2. We did an audit of usage in the field and 2.59:1 was an outlier in terms of usage. Swapping to 3:2 was the best way to accommodate the demand with the existing selector. We have every intention of modifying this selector when we get to v7 so that it is more flexible and we can cover additional options. Please write to us if you have any questions or suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fantastic! But I'd love to see a few more crop guides!
I really do love this app, and I don't want to come across as negative - this is THE best filmmaking app in existence, nothing is better when it comes to smartphone videography! But I have one feature that I would love to see in this app which would make it perfect, and that would be the option to film in more aspect ratios than what's currently available. I'd love to see 1.85:1 and 1.50:1 for example, but I have one very specific request, and that would be the ability to frame for a 1.66:1 aspect ratio - which was actually possible in previous versions of this app if what I've seen is correct - because this is my absolute favorite aspect ratio for filming my projects. I don't know how difficult this would be to add these feature into the app, but it would be my dream come true to see more crop guides introduced and a return of 15:9 (1.66:1). I hate to sound negative, especially when this app is already practically perfect, and I hate to go on about my personal issues instead of talking about improvements which could help everybody across the board (though hopefully other people would take advantage of these new crop guides, should they be added), but this would absolutely make my day. Thank you for all the work you put into this wonderful app!
Developer Response ,
Hi NinjaNerd757. Our sincere thanks for your review! We really appreciate it. And thanks for your feature request. We are going to discuss how we might make this available in a future version of the app. If you have any other requests, or feedback on what could be streamlined don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com - we'd love to hear from you.
- FiLMiC Inc
- 93.9 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.1 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017 FiLMiC Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Cinematographer Kit $13.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.