FiLMiC Pro v6 is the most advanced cinema video camera for mobile. Ever. FiLMiC Pro features cutting-edge capabilities and is the most responsive manual filming app available on mobile.
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects by award winning directors than any other app:
Unsane & High Flying Bird - Steven Soderbergh
Tangerine - Sean Baker
Lose You to Love Me - Selena Gomez
Stupid Love - Lady Gaga
Detour - Michel Gondry
Snow Steam Iron - Zack Snyder
No Love Like Yours - Olivia Wilde
The Best Years of a Life (Cannes 2019) - Claude Lelouch
FiLMiC Pro provides filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, and artists with the capability to shoot in a true LOG gamma curve (included in the CineKit optional in-app purchase). LOG V2/V3 allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production by expanding dynamic range and setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with traditional camera systems costing thousands more. †
FiLMiC Pro also offers a range of cinematic film looks (optional in-app purchase) that can be applied in-camera at time of capture to deliver a truly cinematic aesthetic without the need for timely grading in post. †
Note: Multicam support is not included in FiLMiC Pro but is available in our companion app: DoubleTake.
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for manual focus and exposure
•Live analytics suite including Zebras, False Color and Focus Peaking (limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p)
•Dolby Vision HDR support on 12 series iPhones (limited to 4K 30fps. Not compatible with CineKit)
• Realtime film looks †
• 10-bit SDR support for 12 series devices
• Clean HDMI Out for monitoring and webcam use
• Ramped zoom rocker control
• Waveform monitor including tri-mode histogram
• Manual white balance adjustment & custom presets
• Content Management (CMS) for file naming
• FiLMiC Sync account to store presets in the cloud and share between devices
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOGv2/V3 †
• Live shadow and highlight controls †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance controls †
(† Available as optional in-app purchase & limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p. Log V3 available on 12 series in 10-bit only).
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and video preview
• Vertical and landscape orientations
• Variable speed zoom
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48, 50 and 60 fps
• High speed frame rates of 60,120, 240 fps (hardware dependent)
• Slow and fast motion FX
• Time lapse capture
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform
• Downsampling to multiple resolutions
• Saved shooting presets
• Framing guide overlays
• Image stabilization
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
• Exposure: ISO and shutter speed
• Manual focus
8 aspect ratios including:
• Widescreen (16:9)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, FTP.
4 encoding options to balance quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers up to 150Mbps encoding at 4K on latest gen devices)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• 1.33x and 1.55x anamorphic lens desqueeze
• 35mm lens adapters
• Horizontal flip
• Zhiyun Smooth 4
• Movi Cinema Robot
• DJI OSMO Mobile 1/2/3/4
Advanced Audio Features:
• Pro audio formats: PCM, AIFF, AAC
• 44.1 & 48kHz sample rates
• Headphone monitoring
• Pro audio meter
• Manual input gain
• External microphone level control
Note: Not all features available on older devices.
v6.17.1 adds the following new feature enhancements and general improvements:
— ProRes bt2020 support for 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max:
• In addition to our original bt709 ProRes support, we now offer a bt2020 variant available on our format stepper available under Settings > Resolution (scroll down to the very bottom of this menu).
• Both ProRes 709 and 2020 formats have a new info button built into the stepper so you can learn more about each format.
• ProRes 709 should be used if maximal NLE and playback compatibility is desired.
• ProRes 2020’s transfer function is BT.2100 HLG. The Color Primaries and YCbCr Matrix are BT.2020. This format should be used if HDR or wide-gamut footage is a desired end point.
— Our time remaining indicator is now more reliable after a clean install of the app.
— The lens picker available under Settings > Camera now correctly displays 77mm for 13 pro series.
— More explicit messaging around which IAPs have been restored.
— Resolved an issue where changing bit-depth could break exposure.
— Lots of other minor bug fixes for a smoother filming experience.
If you have any questions, suggestions or findings please contact us at email@example.com and if you enjoy shooting with FiLMiC Pro, please consider leaving us a review.
Ratings and Reviews
Whether you’re shooting for film, broadcast, or your family reunion, Filmic Pro will take your footage to the next level. It’s the same app that experts have used to shoot commercial projects around the world, providing complete control over your camera’s focus, exposure, frame rates, and more. It’s powerful on its own but built to support external microphones, lens adapters, and other production accessories. It really does put true professional-quality videography at your fingertips.
Removed the promotional link in the main menu (y)
The previous version has a promotional link front and center in the top-level main menu, which I think was inappropriate, in particular when there is also an Information / Support page which would have been perfect for that. That’s great. However the app still does not work with the Osmo Mobile 3 gimbal, which has been widely available everywhere for several weeks now. The app connects, but the gimbal functions don’t work, for example the Rec button on the gimbal changes the volume, zoom does nothing, etc, so the DJI protocol changes and Filmic currently lags a little behind. In addition to the obvious, it would be nice to add a tracking mode that controls the gimbal motion from the app, where we could drag an arbitrary rectangle anywhere in the frame, and the shot would keep whatever is there at that position in the frame (specifically, not necessarily centered!) - that would be the next level of awesomeness! Thanks for the update, yet already looking forward to the next one.
Developer Response ,
Hi rallyfan1234567890. Thanks for your feedback. You can contact Apple directly for a refund as third party app developers are unable to offer them. The button that includes the option to get more information about our film festival is located under the settings menu and is not to be a top-level function. If you would like to discuss your concerns further we can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and would be happy to assist.
Fantastic! But I'd love to see a few more crop guides!
I really do love this app, and I don't want to come across as negative - this is THE best filmmaking app in existence, nothing is better when it comes to smartphone videography! But I have one feature that I would love to see in this app which would make it perfect, and that would be the option to film in more aspect ratios than what's currently available. I'd love to see 1.85:1 and 1.50:1 for example, but I have one very specific request, and that would be the ability to frame for a 1.66:1 aspect ratio - which was actually possible in previous versions of this app if what I've seen is correct - because this is my absolute favorite aspect ratio for filming my projects. I don't know how difficult this would be to add these feature into the app, but it would be my dream come true to see more crop guides introduced and a return of 15:9 (1.66:1). I hate to sound negative, especially when this app is already practically perfect, and I hate to go on about my personal issues instead of talking about improvements which could help everybody across the board (though hopefully other people would take advantage of these new crop guides, should they be added), but this would absolutely make my day. Thank you for all the work you put into this wonderful app!
Developer Response ,
Hi NinjaNerd757. Our sincere thanks for your review! We really appreciate it. And thanks for your feature request. We are going to discuss how we might make this available in a future version of the app. If you have any other requests, or feedback on what could be streamlined don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com - we'd love to hear from you.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- FiLMiC Inc
- 101.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 FiLMiC Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Cinematographer Kit $13.99
- Adamant Film Pack $2.99
- Novus Film Pack $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.