Filmic Pro v7 transforms your mobile device into a professional cinema camera, allowing you to capture the highest video quality possible on a smartphone or tablet, with the most intuitive capture experience — ever.
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, Filmic Pro has been used in more high profile video projects by award winning filmmakers than any other app:
• Stupid Love - Lady Gaga
• Tangerine - Sean Baker
• Unsane & High Flying Bird - Steven Soderbergh
• Snow Steam Iron - Zack Snyder
Redesigned from the ground up, Filmic Pro v7 provides filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, and social media content creators with the most powerful and intuitive camera experience available, with a full suite of advanced yet easy to use features.
| — V7 New Features — |
• Dedicated Focus/Exposure Mode selector, comprising three intuitive focus and exposure modes.
• Redesigned Manual Sliders for improved focus and exposure control:
— New Exposure/Zoom Slider provides discrete control over LV; ISO; shutter speed; and zoom.
— Improved pull points for automated rack focus and zoom moves.
• Quick Action Modals (QAMs) put key functionality at your fingertips front and center in the main interface, eliminating the need to dive into settings.
• Action Slider can be revealed to provide a real-time readout and control over key capture settings including ISO, shutter speed, white balance, and gamma curve. Tap a value to interact with its associated QAM for unrivaled control.
• Custom Function (Fn) Button now allows you to map one of dozens of available custom functions to the main UI, so your most used feature is only ever a tap away.
• Enhanced pro audio capabilities with support for 16/24-bit audio.
— — Headline Features — —
• ProRes Capture (Proxy; LT; 422; 422 HQ; 4444)*
• iPad Pro M2 exclusive: ProRes 4444 XQ
• Log gamma curves*
• Realtime Film Looks for cinematic results without the need for grading*
• Live Analytic suite including Zebras, False Color, Focus Peaking*
• Support for DolbyVision HDR, 10-bit SDR, and 8-bit HEVC/H264*
• Clean HDMI Out transforms your device into a pro level web cam
• Frame.io Camera to Cloud (C2C) support*
• Advanced Audio Controls for manual input gain, 16/24-bit audio; uncompressed PCM
• CMS for industry standard clip naming conventions.
— Foundation Features —
• Manual control over every capture parameter
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop + video preview
• Vertical and landscape support
• Sync audio frame rates of 24/25/30/48/50/60 fps*
• High speed frame rates of 60/120/240fps*
• Slow and fast motion FX
• Time lapse
• Histogram & waveform
• Downsample to lower resolutions
• Capture presets synced to the cloud
• Image stabilization (standard/cinematic)*
• Support for Filmic Remote. Control an iOS device running Filmic Pro with a second device running Remote.
• 8 aspect ratios including Widescreen (16:9); Ultra Panavision (2.76:1); Square (1:1).
• 4 encoding options for H264/HEVC to balance quality and file size:
— Filmic Extreme
— Filmic Quality
— Apple Standard
• 3rd Party Hardware Support
— 1.33x and 1.55x anamorphic desqueeze
— 35mm lens adapters
— Horizontal flip
• Supported Gimbals
— Zhiyun Q3/4 + Smooth 4-5
— DJI OSMO Mobile 1-5
• Advanced Audio Features:
— Pro audio formats; headphone monitoring; manual gain
* Features are hardware or configuration specific. For more information visit our website.
• Subscription length: weekly, yearly
• Payment will be charged as soon as you confirm your purchase
• Your subscription will renew automatically, unless you turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• When canceling a subscription, your subscription will stay active until the end of the period. Auto-renewal will be disabled, but the current subscription will not be refunded.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
Welcome to our v7.1 feature release! This update includes three new features:
— QR Code Preset Sharing —
You can now share your presets quickly via a QR code. Simply open ‘Settings’ > ‘Presets’, and tap the three dots next to the preset you wish to share, and select ‘Share’. This will generate a QR code (internet connection required) that can be scanned using your native camera app or third-party QR code reader app of choice from a second device, and instantly loaded in Filmic Pro.
— Keyboard Support —
Filmic Pro can now be controlled via a wireless or wired keyboard. Enable ‘Keyboard Control’ under ‘Settings’ > ‘Hardware’ menu. Perform key functionality like locking and unlocking your reticles; progress through shooting modes; enable live analytics; and perform manual focus and exposure moves using a keyboard. A full overview of available commands can be found by tapping the info button located next to the Keyboard Control option under the settings menu.
— Pull to Point Quick Action Modals for Focus and Zoom (QAMs) —
Automating focus and zoom moves has never been easier thanks to our all new pull to point quick action modals that are available for both focus and zoom. Quickly set your A and B points, and choose from one of nine available speed presets for the perfect rack focus or zoom move. To access the pull to point QAMs, just tap the focus or zoom value read out located directly next to the focus or zoom manual slider.
— Oh, and there are lots of minor bug fixes and performance optimisations included too! —
As always we really hope you enjoy this update. If you have any questions you can contact us by writing to email@example.com — and if you enjoy filming with Filmic Pro please leave us a positive review on the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Whether you’re shooting for film, broadcast, or your family reunion, Filmic Pro will take your footage to the next level. It’s the same app that experts have used to shoot commercial projects around the world, providing complete control over your camera’s focus, exposure, frame rates, and more. It’s powerful on its own but built to support external microphones, lens adapters, and other production accessories. It really does put true professional-quality videography at your fingertips.
Bugs on iPhone X
I purchased this app because I had heard many great things about it and I will say that I was very impressed with a lot of the tricks of this app has to offer. However what’s been disappointing me over and over again is it the app has been crashing when using high frame rates, and not even for that long of a period. It will freeze when entering the review portion of the app where I would view the videos I’ve taken. I’ve also had times where I am switching resolutions and the app goes into mirror mode, which I’m sure is not supposed to happen. The image becomes upside down and reversed left to right making it impossible to record until I shut down the app completely and sometimes even have to turn off my phone. I have had the focus and exposure dials randomly start turning on me and I’ve also had exposure settings changed even though I have had them locked in. Overall I’m pretty disappointed because I never had these issues with ProMovie recorder which was only three dollars and I had heard amazing things about this app. These bugs could get taken care of I would be 100% satisfied because there are a lot of great things this app provides but I’m just not there yet. Thanks guys.
Fantastic! But I'd love to see a few more crop guides!
I really do love this app, and I don't want to come across as negative - this is THE best filmmaking app in existence, nothing is better when it comes to smartphone videography! But I have one feature that I would love to see in this app which would make it perfect, and that would be the option to film in more aspect ratios than what's currently available. I'd love to see 1.85:1 and 1.50:1 for example, but I have one very specific request, and that would be the ability to frame for a 1.66:1 aspect ratio - which was actually possible in previous versions of this app if what I've seen is correct - because this is my absolute favorite aspect ratio for filming my projects. I don't know how difficult this would be to add these feature into the app, but it would be my dream come true to see more crop guides introduced and a return of 15:9 (1.66:1). I hate to sound negative, especially when this app is already practically perfect, and I hate to go on about my personal issues instead of talking about improvements which could help everybody across the board (though hopefully other people would take advantage of these new crop guides, should they be added), but this would absolutely make my day. Thank you for all the work you put into this wonderful app!
Developer Response ,
Hi NinjaNerd757. Our sincere thanks for your review! We really appreciate it. And thanks for your feature request. We are going to discuss how we might make this available in a future version of the app. If you have any other requests, or feedback on what could be streamlined don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org - we'd love to hear from you.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- FiLMiC Inc
- 215.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 FiLMiC Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Filmic Weekly With Free Trial $2.99
- Filmic Weekly With Free Trial $1.99
- Cinematographer Kit $13.99
- Filmic Weekly No Free Trial $2.99
- Filmic Yearly With Free Trial $39.99
- Filmic Weekly With Free Trial $2.99
- Adamant Film Pack $2.99
- Filmic Weekly No Free Trial $2.99
- Filmic Yearly With Free Trial $49.99
- Filmic Weekly With Free Trial $4.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.