FiLMiC Remote offers wireless control and monitoring of your FiLMiC Pro experience. FiLMiC Remote puts your spare iOS devices into the production process.
Remote v3 offers three modes of capability: Control, Monitor and Director.
Control mode provides the familiar FiLMiC Pro interface for complete remote camera control over hard to reach camera placements such as sliders, jib arms, car mounts, microphone stand or other compelling live event camera placements. Set up your FiLMiC Pro device and then control all settings and recordings from the Remote:
- Start/Stop record functions.
- Focus/exposure reticle placement and locking.
- Dual arc slider manual controls for focus and exposure.
- Pull-to-point focus and exposure pulls.
- Create and load FiLMiC Pro presets from FiLMiC Remote.
Monitor mode gives you cinema production capability for a fraction of the cost, offering a four-up display with the following powerful analytics:
- Video preview: Reference video for use with analytics screens.
- Waveform monitor: Visually identifies signal brightness segmented from left to right across a video feed. Used in conjunction with the video preview it can provide a quick snapshot of brightness in your video.
- Vectorscope: Displays color saturation, by channel, across the entire image.
- Histograms: RGB composite, Luminance, Zone and RGB channel.
Director mode provides a clean video preview. This is perfect for providing a director, producer or crew with a device to monitor the production remotely.
You can switch between modes on the fly to check analytics and composition. Remote can also be set up in ‘preview-only’ mode allowing a camera operator to perform all controls from the device running FiLMiC Pro and allowing the Remote to be used solely for monitoring.
Create your mobile studio today with FiLMiC Remote!
- The use of FiLMiC Remote on one iOS device requires the simultaneous use of FiLMiC Pro on an additional device. Both devices must be running iOS 11.
- FiLMiC Remote connects to FiLMiC Pro using WiFi either on an established network or using a peer-to-peer network (for using in areas where a WiFi network is not present).
v3.2.1 of FiLMiC Remote includes further stability improvements and performance optimizations and is recommend for all filmmakers.
If you have any questions, suggestions or findings please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
There is lag as others have mentioned but it’s transmitting and controlling over WiFi so it’s to be expected. It’s NOT supposed to be a Teradek system.
My issue is switching between 2 iPhones, doesn’t work. Tested with an iPhone 5s and 8 Plus. The Remote app needed to be restarted to display the feed that was not the first one viewed. Even though the other appears in the list of devices, the app had to be quit and restarted to switch to the other device and see video. Both phones are running different version of iOS (12.4.5 and 13.3.1) so possible API differences could be a factor. Dunno.
Lag in control ruins the app.
I certainly appreciate being able to frame a shot on the bigger screen of my iPad, but I downloaded this so I could adjust focus while recording without having to tap the screen and create that little shake in my video. For this, it’s useless. Here’s why.
I want to gently and smoothly go from focused on a character in the foreground to the one in the background. Filmic pro has this feature. You can set two focal lengths and set a speed to go from one to the other. It can go fast or very slow or everything in between. It’s buttery smooth.
BUT!!! When you use the remote to do this, the lag makes it so that when you start the buttery smooth process of changing from one focus to the next, the signal from the remote doesn’t change the focus smoothly. The phone gets no signal to change for a moment, so nothing does, then, when the remote device is done with the smooth change it focus, that signal gets sent to the recording phone. So when you play back the video, what you have is the opposite of buttery smooth. It is a jagged snapping from one focal length to another. It makes the best feature of the remote literally unusable.
It’s not a remote, it’s a laggy monitor. Not useless, but a million miles from what it purports to be.
Apple Watch option needed
If I was able to connect this to my watch instead in would help so much imagine
- FiLMiC Inc
- 30.3 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019, FiLMiC Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.