FiLMiC Remote offers wireless control and monitoring of your FiLMiC Pro experience. FiLMiC Remote puts your spare iOS devices into the production process.
Remote v3 offers three modes of capability: Control, Monitor and Director.
Control mode provides the familiar FiLMiC Pro interface for complete remote camera control over hard to reach camera placements such as sliders, jib arms, car mounts, microphone stand or other compelling live event camera placements. Set up your FiLMiC Pro device and then control all settings and recordings from the Remote:
- Start/Stop record functions.
- Focus/exposure reticle placement and locking.
- Dual arc slider manual controls for focus and exposure.
- Pull-to-point focus and exposure pulls.
- Create and load FiLMiC Pro presets from FiLMiC Remote.
Monitor mode gives you cinema production capability for a fraction of the cost, offering a four-up display with the following powerful analytics:
- Video preview: Reference video for use with analytics screens.
- Waveform monitor: Visually identifies signal brightness segmented from left to right across a video feed. Used in conjunction with the video preview it can provide a quick snapshot of brightness in your video.
- Vectorscope: Displays color saturation, by channel, across the entire image.
- Histograms: RGB composite, Luminance, Zone and RGB channel.
Director mode provides a clean video preview. This is perfect for providing a director, producer or crew with a device to monitor the production remotely.
You can switch between modes on the fly to check analytics and composition. Remote can also be set up in ‘preview-only’ mode allowing a camera operator to perform all controls from the device running FiLMiC Pro and allowing the Remote to be used solely for monitoring.
Create your mobile studio today with FiLMiC Remote!
- The use of FiLMiC Remote on one iOS device requires the simultaneous use of FiLMiC Pro on an additional device. Both devices must be running iOS 11.
- FiLMiC Remote connects to FiLMiC Pro using WiFi either on an established network or using a peer-to-peer network (for using in areas where a WiFi network is not present).
v3.1 includes performance optimizations and bug fixes for FiLMiC Remote. It resolves an issue that prevented the zebra live analytic from displaying.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome companion to filmic pro
This app allows me to position my Xs wherever I need to and control it from my iPad or my SE but I guess you can use any combination of devices. The level of control is awesome. Especially like the clean view mode where you can see what your shooting with no controls to clutter it up. The visual aids mode is cool too... I use the waveform and the histograms all the time but not really sure how to use the circular one ... vector I think. This app is a must have!
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much.. we are happy with this update as well! 👍
Worth the money! I purchased the bundle!
I purchased Filmic Remote & Filmic Pro bundle! It was completely worth the money. I have a personal iPhone X and a work iPhone X my company provides me. I was trying to figure out a way to use my back facing camera along with being able to see and control my phone using my other device. This is the only solution I found and it works perfectly. Totally worth the money!
Great companion to filmic pro
This is a must have when shooting with filmic. I can remotely control my video. It does have some latency depending on what network I’m on but it gets the job done! Thanks
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review!
- FiLMiC Inc
- 25.5 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019, FiLMiC Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.