Filterstation2 is the Audio Damage take on the classic serial/parallel/stereo dual filter topology, made famous (and some would say "indispensable") by the Sherman Filterbank and its many clones. With twelve filter algorithms, an envelope follower with stereo sidechain input, a full FSU section for extra signal hacking, and an easy-to-use interface, Filterstation2 is a valuable addition to any producer's toolkit.
• Twelve different filter algorithms, including MS20 emulation and our classic 914 bandpass and Filterpod lowpass models.
• VCA mode for tremolo and gate effects.
• LFO with twelve different patterns, and both internal and tempo sync modes.
• Envelope follower for dynamic control of filter frequency.
• Serial, parallel, and true stereo operating modes.
• Easy-to use interface for quick programming.
• Vector-based resizable GUI. Use just the filter screen, slide the controls over it, or (in hosts that allow it) open up the whole UI.
• Cross-platform XML-based preset manager; copy your desktop presets to the iOS version using Handoff, or share them with your friends and in forums.
• Full PDF manual available at Support link.
Ratings and Reviews
Another Audio Damage winner
Presets are great
User controlled parameters are equally great
Doesn’t work on iPad Pro
After the iOS 11 updates the only app that works reliably with GarageBand is the free one RoughRider2.
This worked initially and after going back later to edit Audio the app failed like it isn’t recognized.
Great sound quality and pretty useful fx
I won’t mention what it does, YouTube is best for that. I’ll just say that it’s pretty reliable in all the DAWs I’ve used (ApeMatrix, BM3, Cubasis). In terms efficiency, it’s very good too, plays well with others. This is important because iPads are still quite limited on resources. Plugins like RE-1 and ShimmerFX (from other developers) for example look and sound great but their UI quickly begins to stutter under less than average loads. Not a problem here. You can tweak the controls to make the sound your own. I love having these kinds of quality fx in my toolbox 🧰 Audio Damage is probably my fav fx company at the moment. Efficient good sounding AUv3 plug-ins, I have most of them.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.