The makers of Final Draft – the #1-selling screenwriting software in the world – now bring you the Final Draft™ Mobile app for iPad and iPhone.
Final Draft™ Mobile lets you write, edit and read Final Draft scripts on your iPad or iPhone. Create new scripts or edit existing ones with easy-to-use features such as Tab and Enter navigation, ScriptNotes, SmartType, and more.
Easily move your Final Draft 12 scripts from desktop to iPad or iPhone and back again via iCloud, Dropbox, or email. Your scripts will appear perfectly paginated and formatted to industry standards every time.
• Go paperless and carry all your scripts with you everywhere you go
• Send or share your Final Draft FDX file between all your devices and computers. Always be on the same page with Dropbox, OneDrive, or iCloud
• Easily change script elements with classic Tab and Enter functionality or through the Elements bar (iPad) or Menu (iPhone)
• SmartType remembers your character names, scene headings and more
• Multi-language support - Write in over 95 different languages
• Bluetooth keyboard support
• Character Highlighting allows you to keep track of your characters for table reads or character development
• Add, color-code, label, and edit ScriptNotes or General Notes
• Perfectly paginates to US Letter and standard European (A4) page sizes
• Send feedback directly through the app
• Professionally formatted TV, Film, and Stage Play templates to help get you started
• Search your entire script for characters, locations, or other script elements
• Export scripts to PDF via Dropbox, iCloud, or email
• Saves the last page you're working on to get back to work quickly
• iPhone Page View shows 100% accurate Final Draft pagination, formatting, and line breaking
• Automatic More's and Continued's
• Multi-page Title Pages are supported for TV production scripts
• Includes production features like Scene Numbering, Omit Scenes, Colored and Locked Pages
• Shows Active or Collated Revisions with Colored Pages
• Quickly switch from one revision set to another
• Track key information with Cast Reports, Scene Reports, Location Reports, and more
• iPhone Scene Navigator allows you to easily jump to different scenes in your script
• Access all of the tools you need while maintaining context in your script in the iPhone Tools Menu
• Edit your Header and Footer
“Where has this been all my career?!? I put it through its paces doing a rewrite on the go-go-go. Does a great job. This is a real step forward! What more do you need on the road? (Maybe a chauffeur?)”
David Seidler – Writer / Academy Award® winner
The King's Speech, By Dawn's Early Light, Tucker: The Man and His Dream...
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Poppycock! It’s a great app!
This is a wonderful app. And mind you, how much the desktop version costs.
First off, The Final Draft people were the FIRST to make screen writing software...back when the Mac was just beginning with a 9 inch screen.
That means they worked out all the bugs.
Also, Final Draft Mobile uses a custom scrolling feature that specifically shows you where you are in the the screenplay...so you can quickly find what you’re looking for.
And to all those people who say “It doesn’t hav Dark Mode” or “It doesn’t have Night Shift” or “It doesn’t have dictation,” as the Final Draft technicians have said, that’s a part of your system if it supports it. All three are supported in iPadOS 14.
In iPadOS 14, just choose the “Display and Brightness” heading in the Settings app to enable Dark Mode or Night Shift systemwide.
And if you want to dictate in Final Draft Mobile, it’s in the keyboard.
As I only have iPadOS 14, I cannot speak for any other IOS systems.
It exports to .FDX and .PDF. Prints with Apple’s Air Print feature.
Emails from within the program.
Final Draft Mobile is easy to learn and you can pick it up in just hours. It’s actions are icon-based and it’s updated regularly and it’s customer support answers regularly.
And, it’ NOT subscription-based.
It’s file format IS the motion picture industry standard and for that reason is taught in every film school across the world.
I highly recommend it
Developer Response ,
Hi Lachlan S, thanks so much for your all of the positive feedback! We're so happy that you love using FD mobile and all its features. We constantly strive to make our app better and better, as the industry standard. Happy writing!
It’s almost a perfect App!
I’ve been a loyal FD user for almost 10 years now. I love this application to death. Ever since different iterations of the mobile apps came out, I’ve been tracking all the developments it’s had. I DO think, writing on the iPad Pro, even on iPhones, have become very easy with the latest app. Like someone already commented, it’s got almost all the essential elements from the desktop version. So, I have no major complaints, but lots of praises for the developers behind the scenes.
However, if I may, I’d like to see a couple things added:
1. Page setup can be a bit more comprehensive, would be nice to have Line spacing option included in there, since the desktop version has it, and the mobile app already syncs to it once it’s altered in the desktop.
2. I already write mostly on my iPad, but I won’t send out any script using it, because it’s got no protection features like the desktop. Watermark, PDF password protection, etc would be very nice.
3. This is request for both the IOS app and desktop version. I absolutely LOVE that FD finally allows multiple languages input, including a language I work in a lot, which is Chinese. However, it’d be even better if FD allows one to “set” the language of the script they’re working on, so that the smart features like adding “more’s, and con’td” would be correctly inputted according to the language they set.
Thank you so much for everything!
Developer Response ,
Hi skywangfilm - Thank you for sharing your feedback and rating our product. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated and have been sent along to our product team for further consideration!
This app is honestly fantastic. It blows me away how connected this is with my Final Draft on my computer. I’ve been very loyal with Final Draft for nearly 10 years. Your team even tweeted out my first movie option. It’s been a journey and I’m so happy to have this tool. I recently have fallen in love with dark mode on the desktop. It’s so much better on the eyes. When FD mobile received dark mode something was wrong. The black levels are way too low and the white levels are way too high. This strains the eyes very quickly. Easing up the black level to the desktop version would make this experience perfect. That little contrast fix goes a long way. Thank you for helping get Final Draft to more people! Looking forward to the next update!
Developer Response ,
Hi DinoJulian, thanks so much for your continued support for so many years, and for the positive feedback! We're thrilled you chose us to be on this journey with you. We will definitely forward your notes about dark mode to our product team. Happy writing!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
- 117.8 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.