The makers of Final Draft – the #1-selling screenwriting software in the world – now bring you the Final Draft™ Mobile app for iPad and iPhone.
Final Draft™ Mobile lets you write, edit and read Final Draft scripts on your iPad or iPhone. Create new scripts or edit existing ones with easy-to-use features such as Tab and Enter navigation, ScriptNotes, SmartType, and more.
Easily move your Final Draft 11 scripts from desktop to iPad or iPhone and back again via iCloud, Dropbox, or email. Your scripts will appear perfectly paginated and formatted to industry standards every time.
• Go paperless and carry all your scripts with you everywhere you go
• Send or share your Final Draft FDX file between all your devices and computers. Always be on the same page with Dropbox, OneDrive, or iCloud
• Easily change script elements with classic Tab and Enter functionality or through the Elements bar (iPad) or Menu (iPhone)
• SmartType remembers your character names, scene headings and more
• Multi-language support - Write in over 95 different languages
• Bluetooth keyboard support
• Character Highlighting allows you to keep track of your characters for table reads or character development
• Add, color-code, label, and edit ScriptNotes or General Notes
• Perfectly paginates to US Letter and standard European (A4) page sizes
• Send feedback directly through the app
• Professionally formatted TV, Film, and Stage Play templates to help get you started
• Search your entire script for characters, locations, or other script elements
• Export scripts to PDF via Dropbox, iCloud, or email
• Saves the last page you're working on to get back to work quickly
• iPhone Page View shows 100% accurate Final Draft pagination, formatting, and line breaking
• Automatic More's and Continued's
• Multi-page Title Pages are supported for TV production scripts
• Includes production features like Scene Numbering, Omit Scenes, Colored and Locked Pages
• Shows Active or Collated Revisions with Colored Pages
• Quickly switch from one revision set to another
• Track key information with Cast Reports, Scene Reports, Location Reports, and more
• iPhone Scene Navigator allows you to easily jump to different scenes in your script
• Access all of the tools you need while maintaining context in your script in the iPhone Tools Menu
• Edit your Header and Footer
“Where has this been all my career?!? I put it through its paces doing a rewrite on the go-go-go. Does a great job. This is a real step forward! What more do you need on the road? (Maybe a chauffeur?)”
David Seidler – Writer / Academy Award® winner
The King's Speech, By Dawn's Early Light, Tucker: The Man and His Dream...
• Support for iPad 7th generation (10.2 inch)
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
90% of the full version.
Most iOS apps of full OS programs are “mobile” versions that often leave out 50% of the features you need to do real work. FD Mobile is not one of these apps. I have reviewed this app a few times and have gotten a response from the developer in a timely manner each time. Any issue that develops is resolved quickly and a steady stream of refinements are added over time.
In short, this app (with the in-app, purchased upgrade) has about 90% of the features of the full, desktop Final Draft software. The remaining percent are non-core features, such as Collaboration, Alternate Dialogue, Password/watermarking, etc. These features, as well as others, appear to be in consideration.
As of iOS 13.1.2, everything appears to be working fine. The integration with the files app allows you to move your work pretty much anywhere and to any drive. I’m really hoping that the introduction of iPadOS will further the argument to bring those few straggling features into the fold, but I am already able to rely on this app and an iPad Pro to complete my projects.
Developer Response ,
Edited response 10/2/19 - Thank you so much for sharing this feedback! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to continue to do so! We will pass your request on to our product team for adding more of the non-core features.
Edited response: Hi MH2797 - Thank you so much for your continued updates. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what is working and what could be improved for the best possible experience. Please continue to send us any and all feedback.
Edited response: We greatly appreciate the updated review and have sent your suggestions to our product development team to include Collaboration & Alternate Dialogue in the app. Original reply: Thank you for taking the time to rate Final Draft! Your feedback is with our engineering team for further consideration.
It’s almost a perfect App!
I’ve been a loyal FD user for almost 10 years now. I love this application to death. Ever since different iterations of the mobile apps came out, I’ve been tracking all the developments it’s had. I DO think, writing on the iPad Pro, even on iPhones, have become very easy with the latest app. Like someone already commented, it’s got almost all the essential elements from the desktop version. So, I have no major complaints, but lots of praises for the developers behind the scenes.
However, if I may, I’d like to see a couple things added:
1. Page setup can be a bit more comprehensive, would be nice to have Line spacing option included in there, since the desktop version has it, and the mobile app already syncs to it once it’s altered in the desktop.
2. I already write mostly on my iPad, but I won’t send out any script using it, because it’s got no protection features like the desktop. Watermark, PDF password protection, etc would be very nice.
3. This is request for both the IOS app and desktop version. I absolutely LOVE that FD finally allows multiple languages input, including a language I work in a lot, which is Chinese. However, it’d be even better if FD allows one to “set” the language of the script they’re working on, so that the smart features like adding “more’s, and con’td” would be correctly inputted according to the language they set.
Thank you so much for everything!
Developer Response ,
Hi skywangfilm - Thank you for sharing your feedback and rating our product. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated and have been sent along to our product team for further consideration!
Great app when it works
I have recently been having a bunch of problems with the app on my iPad causing me to spend a large amount of my writing time simply trying to fix them. The primary issue is that a lot of my formatting gets stuck on the "..." option all the way on the right. This prevents me from utilising all of the other formatting features and is usually solved by deleting and reinstalling the app or just copying and pasting my whole script except for the bad formattingonto a new script file. Another issue is my title page seems to replicate itself multiple times when I enter/exit the script. This is a small issue as the only problem is extra kilobytes but an annoyance to fix. I don't know if my tendency to write long scripts or my third party keyboard is the cause of these problems or if it is a final draft issue. Also, I frequently get messages that my "XML markup has been improperly formatted by a 3rd party application" despite creating all my scripts within the app itself. Outside of these problems the app is very good for script writing and would get 5 stars if it weren't for these issues
- Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
- 136.3 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.