FINAL FANTASY III -- now on iPad!
When darkness falls and the land is robbed of light, four youths are chosen by the crystals to embark upon a journey to save the world.
FINAL FANTASY III was the first title in the FINAL FANTASY series to become a million-seller, establishing once and for all that Square Enix's classic RPG saga was here to stay.
A hallmark of innovation for the entire series, FINAL FANTASY III incorporates not only a job system that lets characters change classes at any time to the ability to summon powerful creatures such as Shiva and Bahamut.
The 3D remake of FINAL FANTASY III, with fully-rendered 3D graphics, duplicated the original's success.
- The four protagonists have been completely redesigned and new scenarios have been added.
- The 3D remake has really brought the cutscenes and battles to life.
- The Job system has been improved to bring out its best and most unique aspects, resulting in a more balanced game that is easy to enjoy.
- New save functions, including autosave, allow for players to quit the game at any time without fear of losing their progress.
- High resolution graphics and retouched cutscenes.
- Smooth, intuitive touch-panel controls specifically tailored to improve the gaming experience.
- Gallery Mode, where players can view illustrations from the game or listen to the soundtrack, has been added.
- New visual designs for the Job Mastery Cards and the Mognet .
The title of the app has been changed.
Ratings and Reviews
No controller support
Finally came around to buying the iPad version after owning and playing on psp. The graphics are clean, sound is great. Everything is there except proper controls. Ff4 has control support and works out wonderfully but this ff3 iPad version does not and is VERY DIFFICULT to control at times. Mainly the virtual analog stick. The sensitivity between walking and running is ridiculous to the point I wish it was more of a toggle that I can click to turn running Off or Always On. It can get extremely hard to just walk into a door to get inside anywhere. I don’t understand Square Enix lack of control support on iPad games such as this, Valkyrie Profile and Final Fantasy Tactics. I really don’t get it. Do they not read or see complaints and reviews? How much more positive reviews would be for one simple fix? I understand things get busy but people are spending hard earned money for these games. They aren’t free.
Instructions on saving are misleading
The notes on Saving in the Control Hints specifically say “Auto quicksave automatically saves your progress as you play the game.” So I naturally assumed that there was some kind of autosaving happening as I was playing the game. So I was shocked to discover after dying at the very beginning of the cave in Kazus that there was no autosave data I could resume from and I had to start playing the game over from the very beginning.
These instructions about saving are extremely misleading. What if I had been playing the game for a lot longer before dying for the first time and then discovered I had to restart the game from the beginning?
Final Fantasy III is one the last FF games that I have downloaded from the Apple store. Mostly because I heard that it was slow (it is a bit at the beginning) and that the final dungeon is very long & difficult (yes it’s a bit lengthy but by that time the game becomes really challenging & fun). Just prepare well, save often, and if you are like me and don’t want or have time to slog around looking for where to go next, there are several free guides & walkthroughs online that will help. Probably a bit antiquated compared to more modern FF games, but I really think that if you enjoy classic RPG (I remember playing Ultima which gives you an idea of how old a gamer I am) you will most likely enjoy FF III. Great graphics, awesome music, and after the obligatory warm-up it becomes a wonderfully unique game playing experience.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.
- 454.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- ©1990, 2020 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. LOGO ILLUSTRATION：© 2006 YOSHITAKA AMANO ILLUSTRATION：AKIHIKO YOSHIDA
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.