FINAL FANTASY VI for the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad is here!
FINAL FANTASY VI first debuted in 1994 as the sixth installment in the iconic FINAL FANTASY series. Innovations included the ability to play all the main characters as the game's protagonist, and to this day, its epic story intertwining each of their fates is still highly rated and wildly popular. The characters' dramatic performances are also highly rated, including the catastrophe occurring midway through, which delivers a particular emotional jolt to players.
With plenty of abilities available and the magicite system for controlling spells/summoning, players can develop their characters any way they want. This was also the first FINAL FANTASY game to include the Ultima Weapon, the most powerful sword of all and a recurring item in subsequent titles within the series.
• Game data saved with iCloud can now be shared across devices! At home or away, on your iPhone or iPad, pick the play style that's best for you.
• All graphics have been painstakingly recreated, bringing the world of FINAL FANTASY VI to your mobile device for the very first time! Kazuko Shibuya, one of the graphics designers involved in the FINAL FANTASY series from the very start, personally worked on the main characters and supervised the recreation of the game's graphics.
• Square Enix's vast experience in A-list smartphone RPG titles has been harnessed in implementing intuitive user-friendly controls that make the game easy to play on touch screens. The battle interface has received particular attention, with a complete overhaul for use on your smartphone.
• This smartphone release includes the new magicites and events that were introduced in the 2006 remake.
• Some events have been optimized to be played with user-friendly touch controls.
The War of Magi left little but ashes and misery in its wake. Even magic itself had vanished from the world. Now, a thousand years later, humankind has remade the world through the power of iron, gunpowder, steam engines, and other machines and technologies.
But there is one who possesses the lost power of magic--a young girl name Terra whom the evil Empire has kept enslaved in an effort to harness her power as weapon. This leads to a fateful meeting between Terra and a young man named Locke. Their harrowing escape from the Empire's clutches sets in motion a series of events that touches countless lives and leads to one inevitable conclusion.
- iPhone 4S or later
- iPad 2 or later
Certain in-game conditions may cause the app to close unexpectedly on iPhone 4. To minimize complications, please take the following precautions when playing:
- Save your game data regularly.
- Close the game via the multitasking display after exiting.
- Fixed minor bugs.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Widely hailed as one of the greatest role-playing games of all time, Final Fantasy VI features a heartwarming story with complex, endearing characters and innovative combat that showcases teammate-specific strategies and skills. This Square Enix masterpiece has been recreated with an all-new art style and entirely rebalanced for an on-the-go experience. Whether you’re a longtime fan or playing it for the first time, Final Fantasy VI is a classic 2D role-playing game you shouldn’t miss.
Being my very favorite game, I was so excited to find that this is available for mobile, and the port is absolutely fantastic. The controls work very, very well (once you get used to the difference if you’ve played this on console) and the graphics update is very pleasant. I have ONE complaint that is really kind of glaring, so please, if anyone can tell me if I am doing something wrong, or if Square gets word of this, please advise:
I have not found a good way to self-target. This is an extremely minor, if not insignificant issue UNTIL you get to the Cultist Tower where casting reflect on someone in the party to reflect spells off of is one of the primary ways to attack enemies that are reflected themselves. I have been annihilated multiple times due to trying to target a spell on my own party and, even if you press perfectly on your own party, it will still end up targeting the enemy and reflect back at you. Again, if there is a better way to do this, please let me know! This app would be an easy 5 star if this were different, as it is my one and only complaint.
Great Game with some small issues
I’ve waited years to play this title. Got introduced to the series with FFVII and play all the newer games but never had the time or a system until recently to be able to play any of the pre-PlayStation era games. Let me tell you, I wish I would have gotten into this game sooner. The story line is great and the game design is awesome. The SNES era sprites and graphics have definitely aged much better than the PS1 era 3D graphics.
My only gripe with the game has to do with the touch interface. If you’re going to play on an iPad you’ll want an external controller. It’s really hard to move around using the on screen buttons. Aside from that, everything else is super well executed.
- SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.
- 695.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 1994, 2006, 2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. ILLUSTRATION : (c)1994 YOSHITAKA AMANO
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.