find a metro dc is a comprehensive app that makes the washington dc metro system easier to use for residents and visitors. Get realtime metro, bus, delay information and info on points of interest.
"AWESOME product. Real time, useful information, accurate and comprehensive. EVERY app should be so complete. Well done!"
"I love this app! It is such a huge help getting around the city!"
"Find a Metro DC is the best metro app there is. I've had it for about a month and it has already saved me hours at the bus stop and the train station."
"If you are visiting or live in the Washington DC area, this app is a steal at $0.99 cents. It took me out of a few stressful situations, like finding the correct train and the closest Metro stop when we were walking after dark. This app totally removes the hassles and stress from using the DC Metro for tourists."
- GPS enabled realtime metro arrival times updated every 20 seconds for your favorite stations, the closest five stations and map directions to those stations.
- A trip planner you can use even while underground in stations without service with estimated trip times and fare information.
- Full metro map, tap any station for arrival times
- Realtime delays affecting metrorail
- Full list of all metro stations as well as realtime arrival times and map directions to all metro stations.
- Metrobus arrival times. You simply enter the stop id number and can call up any of 12,000 bus arrivals in the dc area.
- Closest Circulator bus stops and arrival information
- Points of Interest. Find out the closest metro stops to attractions including monuments, museums and more in DC. There's no need to buy a DC guide map or app!
- Metrorail operating hours, first and last train times for each station & DC airport information
You won't wait 20 minutes for metro again and can easily avoid weekend delays!
find a metro dc is designed to be easy-to-use and assist both residents and tourists in navigating the metrorail and metrobus system in the washington dc metro area including washington dc, maryland, and northern virginia.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions/comments/suggestions! If you have any ideas for the next update, please send an email.
Skyhook Wireless, developer of the iPhone positioning system has featured find a metro dc.
- Updated map and some fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app I use to check the status
Add DC Streetcar
Love the app and use it daily! Please add the DC H Street Streetcar tracker/schedule
Crowbar for the doors metro says it can open but does not
I have had verizon for the last ten years. I have lived in this place called dc for almost a year, which means I have had to spend countless minutes waiting for trains with nothing to do but watch people play with their iPhones. It is especially frustrating working an 11 hour day, getting to the metro and watching the orange line doors close just as my foot hits the bottom step of a broken escalator.
Then my friend showed me this app. That the planner and gps tell me how to get to the closest metros was neat. But the real moment was when I discovered that it tells you the arrival times of any train at any metro. I can only compare the feeling to what Harold and Kumar felt when they finally made it to Whitecastle, or perhaps even when they escaped from Guantanamo Bay.
For the last three months I have been staring longingly at my calendar for the arrival of the new iPhone 4. I have battled verizon to free me once again from their computer records system "unintentionally" locking me into yet another contract term. Now I have my iPhone and this app. What can I say other than I am happy that I can now prevent precious moments of my life from being taken day by day, minute by minute, escalator by escalator. Seriously, if you're new to the city determined on making life incrementally but inexorably harder on it's inhabitants, a dollar is worth it to make it so much easier.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.