Find my Font 4+
Identify any font in an image!
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Identify any free or commercial font in an image.
Use Find my Font to identify the fonts in any digital image in seconds! Take a photo or load a gallery image and let the app find any free or commercial fonts in the picture.
Ideal for graphic designers, web-designers, sign makers and all creative people who don't want to waste their time searching for a font.
* You can take a photo or use an existing gallery image
* Identifies any Latin letter using an online database of 150.000+ fonts
* More than 60.000 freemium(*) & free fonts are included (like fonts of Dafont and Google Web Fonts)
* You can choose your preferred matching category: "All fonts", "Freemium"(*), "Commercial", "Google Web Fonts" (ideal to find any Google Fonts that look similar to a commercial font)
* It shows you both an exact match and a list of similar fonts to choose from
* Type a custom text to easily preview & compare matching results to your original image
* Identifies connected (script) or fragmented (stencil) letters
* You can select the input text directly from any color image (no pre-processing required)
* You can perform in-app image rotation and fix any perspective distortions for more accurate matching
* Achieves accurate matching results down to 20 pixels text height!
Note: Find my Font mobile, identifies only Latin letters & symbols. For non-Latin letters identification, you can download Find my Font Desktop for your Mac or Windows PC to identify both Latin fonts from our online database and/or any Unicode language fonts stored or installed in your computer (www.findmyfont.com)
Disclaimer: The copyright of all identified fonts belongs to the corresponding publishers & font designers. Find my Font and Softonium Developments do not host or offer any fonts for download. We only point to appropriate URL links to buy and/or download fonts from the original publishers.
(*)"freemium" fonts: Sometimes the publisher/designer offers the opportunity to download a font but that doesn't mean the font is 100% free for any use. It could be "free for personal use only", donation-ware or just a demo you need to purchase before use. It is the user's responsibility to acquire, accept & respect any associated font usage license before using it.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
* Fixed crash on capture photo / open image
Ratings and Reviews
App won’t open most of the time :(
I use the desktop version and am quite happy with it, so I was excited at the thought of the mobile app. Downloaded, played with it a bit, and paid for the unlimited IDs.
Lately though, the app won’t even open most of the time. :( (Yep, I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled already)
The app splash screen opens, pretends like it’s getting ready and then kicks me out back to my mobile home screen. Go over to kill (hard close) some other apps, and I see this app floating, with my last successful open/ID screen showing. What a tease!? :(
Sure, the interface is a bit complicated, but what you get for your effort is a very powerful font identification machine! For example I was looking at a product package with an overly complicated multi-color font… the top hit from this app was Kredit… it didn’t look quite right but when I got out the magnifying glass I realized that the original I was looking at was Kredit, with all three layers active, plus a drop shadow in red, plus a *second* drop shadow transparent gray. No wonder it looked confusing (and I hope whoever did that gets sent back to remedial design school!) but this app got it right on the first try.
Garbage App, Great on Desktop
The app has forced me to re-download it countless times in order to get it to actually work. And now that they instituted a “limit” on the 48hour amount of fonts you can identify via camera or gallery, it just doesn’t work at all. I click a photo in my gallery and it goes directly back to the main “Choose Camera or Gallery” screen and there is no prompt or option to move past there. Just keep on repeating the pattern, I have latest upgrade for the app as well as phone. I would love to promote the app, but it’s terrible. Just stick to the desktop version, obviously they actually care about one and just want to try to casually “cash in” on the other.
The developer, Theocharis Kisseoglou, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Theocharis Kisseoglou
- 38.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © (c) 2017 Softonium Developments
- In-App Purchases
- Starter +50 $0.99
- Unlimited $9.99
- Economy +300 $2.99