The key feature of this app is the use of a simple pointer to find your way; no mobile data used; no maps required. This is especially useful in remote locations where accessing maps can be challenging or when travelling overseas where mobile data costs can be prohibitive.
WHAT DOES THE APP DO?
• Save numerous locations to return to or visit later.
• A simple pointer guides you where to go. Choose any route and the pointer continually updates the direction required to reach your goal location.
• How far away? The distance to your destination is constantly updated as you progress.
STORE AND MANAGE AN UNLIMITED NUMBER OF LOCATIONS
• Store your current location to return to it later
• Store any location anywhere in the world
• Planning a trip? No problem. Store multiple places to visit in advance ready for your arrival.
• Sort your locations into an order that makes most sense to you.
FIND LOCATIONS USING GPS AND A SIMPLE POINTER, OR USING MAPS
• Find your way using GPS and a simple pointer; uses no mobile data, maps not required.
• See how far away from your chosen destination you are at any time.
• If you’re connected, you can choose to use the Maps integration to navigate to your destination instead.
SOME EXAMPLES OF WHEN AND WHERE YOU MIGHT USE THE APP
• Parked your car in an unfamiliar city? Maybe you’ve parked in a long stay airport car park and gone on holiday? No worries, you’ll easily find your car when you want to go home.
• Pitched your tent at a festival amongst 1000’s of others? You’ll find it again, anytime, no problem.
• Want to find your way to a particular tourist attraction? Save the location using the built-in map and follow the pointer to find it.
• Need to get back to your start point after a long walk in the countryside? That’s not an issue, and you can check how far away you are from your start point at any time.
HOW TO GET THE BEST FROM THE APP
• The app uses the built-in GPS chip in your device. This requires clear line of sight from your device to the sky to lock on to GPS signals broadcast from space to establish your position on Earth. If you stand between skyscrapers, sit inside a building or walk under dense foliage then this will likely impact the GPS chip in your device from establishing an accurate location. Try to find some clear sky and your device will soon find your location.
• Avoid magnetic interference near your device as this can affect the built-in compass and give a false direction. Moving the device around away from interference can help it pick up the Earth’s magnetic field and determine which way is North. If the device determines it needs to recalibrate its compass then the standard compass calibration screen will be displayed.
• Continuously using any app that uses GPS will drain the battery more quickly than normal. The app only uses GPS while it is active so one way to minimise battery usage is to use the app when you need to check the direction you need to travel to reach your destination.
We built this app to make navigating without maps as simple as possible.
If you have any feedback, ideas for new features or suggestions for improvement we’d love to hear from you. You can get in touch with us via options on the Settings screen of the app.
And if you like the app and want to support us, please, give us a 5-star review, you’ll make us more than happy :)
Created by Redkoala Solutions Ltd
The app has been reworked and the user interface refreshed. Changes include:
• Dark Mode support has been added.
• Dynamic Type support has been added.
• Rotate your device and you switch between Landscape mode and Portrait mode.
• Supported iPads get their own user interface.
• A clean new app icon and matching pointer has been added.
• There is a new pin for marking locations.
• Adding of new locations has been made simpler.
• It is now possible to Copy an existing location, move the pin and call it something new. This is great if planning a trip away from your current location and you want to add a few new locations near each other.
• In Edit location mode Deleting a location allows you to review the location first.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Awesome and simple to use
Really nice app, if you have lots of hunting spots in the woods you need to find, especially in the dark, you need this app! Just follow the big pointer, it counts down the distance and takes you within a few yards of the spot, not to mention getting back to your car. Best $2 I’ve ever spent!!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Redkoala Solutions Ltd
- 153 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 Redkoala Solutions Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.