Losing a dog is heartbreaking. (We’ve been there!)
Our new facial recognition technology makes finding dogs as quick and easy as the snap of a photo.
See a lost dog? Take a photo, send a text and together we can bring every lost dog home.
"A big thanks for Finding Rover for immediately posting that my dog was lost. She is my child and I am very glad she is back home now and recovering." - Finding Rover User
Benefits of Finding Rover’s Facial Recognition for Dogs
• If your dog’s collar has come off, his or her face will be recognized on the app and will provide any finder with the contact information you provide.
• If someone finds your dog but doesn’t have time to look for a microchip, in less than 3 minutes, they can snap a photo and send a text or give you a call.
How Finding Rover works:
• Register your dog so it’s in the database
• If someone sees your lost dog, they snap a photo
• Our facial recognition technology does a search
• They contact you either via phone, email or through the app, however you’d like
• Soon your best friend will be back home!
Got cute dog pictures? You can also share the smiles on Finding Rover!
• Share Photos and Updates of your dog with your friends
• Enjoy and post cute photos with others in an all-member “pack”
• Enjoy and post tips and tricks in an all-member “pack”
• If your dog needs a new home, you can also post the news to all members in your area.
Finding Rover, the new way to protect and celebrate your best friend.
Camera fix for iOS 11.4
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Info on my lost cat was incorrect
I looked at my lost cat’s profile and there were several things wrong that I did not enter, such as the lost date, the location and it said he does not have a microchip when he does. There was no way to correct or update the pet’s information so I wrote some messages. But that does not update the basic profile sent in the searches. I’m unhappy with the poor way this is set up.
This app should have more animals than just cat & dog
I have a parrot and he tends to fly away occasionally and gets lost for up to a week. When I went to add my parrot on the app, they do not have an option for any other animal other than a cat and dog. Cats and dogs are NOT the only pets that people have. Some people have parrots or even Rabbits, Reptiles, hamsters, Guinea pigs, etc. I think it is not fair that they only have options to add a cat and/or a dog. If anything, my parrot tends to go missing more than my dog ever has. Dogs get tired eventually from running while my Parrot flies high and gets stuck in trees that we and the fire department are unable to get him down. Instead we have to wait for him to climb down on his own and bribe him with food which takes hours if not days. Plus, my parrot is green so he blends in with the trees.
Not sure why this app doesn’t have better ratings.
From what I can tell the app works great. Even saw it covered on GMA for its great ability to match photos. People should understand this is a social media driven app and work has to be done by the people using it for it to work correctly. It starts by spreading the word about the app and getting friends and family to not only download but support it. I’m a dog owner and lover. I only own rescue dogs. Both of my dogs are in the app with profiles.
Now I have a developer feedback request for new options...
I would like to be able to have multiple addresses, and choose which one applies to what dog.
If reporting a lost dog choosing which home we are staying st witting the app with multiple addresses stored would be also helpful if it doesn’t exist already. Thank-fully I have never actually had to report a dog lost yet so I don’t know how that part of the app works.
Next I would like to have a feedback link directly in the app that sends an email to the developer team and to report bugs.
- Finding Rover Inc.
- 26.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2014 Finding Rover Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.