Successful readers use a number of tools to help them understand texts.
One of the most effective and powerful reading tools that parents and teachers can help children develop is sight word recognition.
When a child is able to grasp and identify sight words he is well on his way to becoming a thriving reader.
First 100 Sight Words app is an application for learning frequently used English words.
Benefits of learning Sight Words.
- Sight words are confidence builders.
- Sight words free up a child’s energy to tackle more challenging words.
- Sight words provides clues to the meaning of a sentence.
- Sight words sometimes defies decoding strategies.
- Sight words instruction builds a foundation for reading new, more complex words.
- Track each completed word list set.
- New Close passage quiz.
- Both UK and US voice supported.
- Rich colourful graphics environment to enhance your child's learning experience.
- Complete each set of word list to earn virtual coins and stickers.
- Use the coins to purchase collectable virtual toys in the Toy Store.
For more apps please visit www.BubbalooDigital.com
Please have a great day.
Completely re-written from the ground up.
Includes Cloze Passage Quiz to assess a child's ability to use context clues and sentence structure knowledge to fill in the blanks.
Earn coins and virtual stickers throughout the lessons.
Unlock the Wordfind Game or Memory Game with the coins earned.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This does not engage children, nor have any useful practice. It just puts each word up, one at a time. Does not require input from the child. It was too boring to even watch my son attempt to learn from this. Flash cards would be 10x more helpful. This was a waste of money to try to assist my son with sight words. :((
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.