Expert advice in your hands
**One of “8 New Apps You Don't Want To Miss” – Mashable**
** “First Aid By American Red Cross is a fix for what ails you.” - Appolicious**
Accidents happen. That’s why it’s important to have lifesaving information at your fingertips so you can respond with confidence. The free First Aid mobile app by the American Red Cross puts expert advice for common emergencies in the palm of your hand—from the latest First Aid and CPR techniques to the nearest hospital location. Stay up to date on your lifesaving skills. Receive reminders to re-certify, as well as access to helpful videos, interactive quizzes and other lifesaving information.
• Easy to use Spanish language switch translation directly inside the app.
• Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios.
• Fully integrated with 9-1-1 so you can call EMS from the app at any time.
• Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
• App user and lifesaving award stories
• Quick, intuitive access to first aid information and videos via a search bar which is Siri/Bixby enabled
• Interactive functionality, such as Hospital finder to find an emergency center near you and Metronome for practicing CPR
• Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your lifesaving knowledge
• Immediate, anywhere access so individuals can view their digital certificate, (if they took a blended learning course on the Red Cross Learning Center), sign up and view upcoming classes, and receive reminders to recertify.
Version 3.1 provides a new Training tab where users can easily find training classes and supplies.
Ratings and Reviews
I was just checking out the app, and it looks like a good chunk of it is accessible. But, in the quizzes there is one area where it is not. It’s the quiz that talks about what to do if someone is bleeding. Three out of the four questions and answers are accessible. But, number two is not. How do you expect a blind person to be able to be able to touch the spot where you put a tourniquet. Come on! You’re the American Red cross. You should be able to get this right. If this gets fixed I will fix my reading.
Excellent app. You can save lives!
Thorough this app I could learn what I have to do in emergency situations. Every people have possibility of facing the emergency situation in their own life or someone else's while we are living. So when we know what we have to do in emergency situations we can save more lives. This app is the first step for make it possible.
I installed this app several years ago. At that time there was no quiz section but these days it has. The quiz section is really helpful. Through quiz I could assessed not only my knowledge was right but also corrected wrong knowledges previously I had and got some new informations.
I strongly recommend this excellent app for everyone.
I have no confidence in this app when attempting to schedule or reschedule a platelet donation. Every time I attempt to, it requires a phone call to the Red Cross to correct the schedule. Why use it at all when the dates seem to get mixed up every time I attempt to schedule or postpone an appointment? I do like using the app to fill out the Rapid Pass, but I won’t be using the app to do any scheduling from now on. I also don’t like depending on the app to keep track of all my donations. I have a whole stack of plastic cards from my days of donating whole blood and platelets. I’ve been a whole blood donor since 1986 and the Red Cross discontinuing the tracking of donations on the plastic cards saddens me.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- American Red Cross
- 185.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2012-2022 The American National Red Cross
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.