* Finalist for the BestAppEver Award: Toddler Apps *
The best-selling reading game for kids has gotten even better! We've added more words, more languages, and phonics. First Words Deluxe provides endless fun for the toddlers in your life, all while giving your child a head start on learning their letters and learning to spell words.
Now with Spanish, French, German, Japanese, plus US and UK English.
First Words Deluxe is toddler-tested and approved, with a user-interface designed specifically for the littlest of fingers. The game includes over 150 words in five kid-friendly categories:
** Animals **
** Vehicles **
** Colors **
** Shapes **
** Words from around the house **
(Fewer words are shown when the phonics option is selected, because many English words are not spelled phonetically. A total of 68 phonics words are included.)
A wide range of options let you tune the game to match your child's current skills and abilities.
If your child is old enough to ask for your phone, they're old enough for First Words Deluxe!
Here's what educators and reviewers have said about our First Words apps:
“First Words is an app that teaches letters and words in fun and interactive way. Very easy to use these apps will help support your little ones learning with great illustrations and bright colors. Each app supports kids learning and encourages kids to explore and discover by revealing, rewarding and teaching.”
-- Fun Educational Apps
“Excellent - As a teacher, I love this game! Just what technology was meant to do!”
-- iTunes Review
“This app has great settings that let you control the level of difficulty for the child – either with lots of hints or almost none at all. The letters slide nicely into each word and when completed the child is rewarded by having the pictured animal enlarge and animate briefly.”
--Carisa Kluver at Digital Stortyime
“First Words Deluxe is a very straightforward word-building game. Words are either said letter by letter as they are dragged into the appropriate gray boxes or, if chosen in the settings, a smaller set of words can be sounded out with phonics. This makes this game a treat for both pre-readers and early spellers.”
--Common Sense Media
“Looking to guide your toddler towards recognizing letters and how to spell words up to eight letters long? Then First Words Deluxe might be just what you are looking for. This pre-reader and spelling application encourages vocabulary development in a wide range of categories such as: vehicles, animals, at home, colors, and shapes.”
--Andrea Gardner at Applicable2u
"First Words is a great app -- as I said at the time, 'Leo loves First Words because it's fun and easy. I love it because he's learning to spell words, and the interface makes that learning error-free.'"
---Shannon Des Roches Rosa at Squidalicious
*** We love getting feedback from our users. If you have questions or comments, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. ***
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
* New word: Firetruck, Ambulance, Motorcycle, Police Cars, Helicopter, and more. * New option to control word difficulty * New option to control spelling speed * Improved interface makes it harder to accidentally skip a word * Tapping an object now tells you its name * Tapping a letter target now says the letter * Improved Zoo background * Removed misleading localization info
Awesome Learning App!
My son is almost 4, he's autistic and loves letters. We've been told he'll probably learn to read and or spell before he is able to talk.
1. The app is easy to get the letters to snap correctly. Other apps are too precise and it causes frustration.
2. You can change the settings so that you can spell in any order or in order. After a while I switched it over to in order and my son has since mastered this spelling things like Pentagon or triangle or other big words in less than a couple seconds.
3. Just discovered you can toggle the hints. Now we've turned it up a notch. He has to spell the words from memory and in order.
4. When you tap the picture of the word you have to spell it says the name of the object out loud so they can also associate the sounds with the order of letters.
This app is well worth the money! The art and animation are very basic but that's OK because our goal is identification of the sounds, spelling, and further driving the recognition of letters.
Have had the app for about 1 year now.
I got this app to help teach my son his lowercase letters (already knew uppercase) in a fun way. I love how customizable the app is! In a short time my son has learned many of these words.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Learning Touch LLC
- 107.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0–5
- © 2008-2020 Learning Touch
- In-App Purchases
- Word Pack 1 $4.99