Welcome to "First Words for Kids", the ultimate first words educational app that uses Synthetic Phonics. "First Words for Kids" includes 15 words in 5 categories Animals, Vehicles,Shapes n Colours, Household items and Numbers (121 included in the Pro version). The three different hint alternatives (color hints, letter hints and color and letter hints) combined with five more settings, will challenge your child and help you fine tune the level of difficult. The unique interface, featuring a list of thumbnails, allows your child to explore all words and will offer endless hours of fun and education.
Featured by Apple on the US App Store in two categories Games/Educational and Games/Kids.
"First Words for Kids" introduces a unique way of assisting children to learn reading through Synthetic Phonics, by linking the individual letter and letter combinations with its appropriate sound and effectively demonstrating the blending of sounds to achieve word pronunciation.
There are two setting levels available:
1. “Synthetic Phonics Basic”: Is aimed in introducing Synthetic Phonics to children. Simple words are only presented and children are introduced to blending (drawing individual sounds together to pronounce a word) with basic phonemes (the smallest single identifiable sound).
2. “Synthetic Phonics Advanced”: Words and letter sounds of greater complexity are introduced that include graphemes (a group of letters representing one sound), digraphs (two letters making one sound which is different from the sound either can make alone) and letters that have more than one sounds.
● Learn letter sounds through two levels of synthetic phonics and letter names.
● Learn the words and how to spell.
● Learn to recognize letters (upper and lowercase) and match them to words.
● Unique navigation that allows the child to explore all the animals.
● Tap the image of the animal to discover its sound and learn its name.
● User interface specifically developed for children fingers.
● Engaging and colorful artwork with amazing sound effects and animations
● Studio recording of letters, words and spelling.
● Three different hint alternatives (color hints, letter hints and color and letter hints.)
● 15 words included in 5 categories ( 121 words available in the Pro Version).
● Six different settings to increase difficulty as children learn.
● Special alert reminding you to switch to Flight Mode (in iPhone only).
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
We follow the "Know what's inside" best practices for kids' apps, set by MOMs with Apps.
At ReadnLearn your children's privacy and safety is our priority that is why our app:
◇ Does not collect/share any user's personally identifiable information.
◇ Does not contain Social Network Integration or other Social Features.
◇ Does not contain ads.
◇ Does not contain In-App Purchases.
◇ Contains "Feedback", "Tell a Friend" and "Buy Now" buttons, behind a parental gate.
◇ Contains a "More Games" button and corresponding page, behind a parental gate.
For more information please visit: readnlearn.com/#privacy
At ReadnLearn we love what we do, developing fun and educational applications for children. We are a passionate and committed small team of parents, who are graphics artists and developers. Our team is complemented by educators and our own children, our awesome beta testing team!
If you have any comments, suggestions, or feedback please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us: readnlearn.com
Like us: www.facebook.com/ReadnLearnApps
Follow us: www.twitter.com/ReadnLearnApps
● Added a new category "Numbers" with 3 words!
-15 numbers through in app and the Pro Version
● Removed the Sound FX and added words of positive reinforcement when a word is completed
● Minor improvements and optimisations
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome learning game
Being an English teacher in Japan, and having a Japanese/American son, I know the importance of phonics. If a child or adult can conquer English phonics, they can read anything in English, and will have a huge advantage in conquering English speech too.
This game has a lot of free play before you need to upgrade to the pro version and even the free play is a great start for an English learner. Also, this game has great sound effects, great interface, color-coding to help the true beginners, and even encouragement when the user gets the answer right. Overall, a very cool app! Keep it up.
Love this app to teach my kids
This app is excellent to teach kids how to read and write. The app shows you an image then the name of that image and your kid have to match the letters with the word, it tells your kid the sound of each letter and how to read it. Your child definitely is going to know how to read and write sooner than normal. Proved with my 3 year old kid.
Outstanding learning app
This is one of those apps that should be included in schools. Great for learning to sound out the words and spell them as well. The sound effects and graphics only make it better. This is highly recommended for kids learning to read.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.