This ultimate first words educational app can get up to 121 words through in app purchases. The three different hint alternatives (color hints, letter hints and color and letter hints) combined with five more settings, will challenge your child and helps you fine tune the level of difficult. The unique interface, featuring a list of thumbnails, allows your child to explore all words and will offer endless hours of fun and education.
Featured by Apple on the US App Store in two categories Games/Educational and Games/Kids.
"First Words for Kids" introduces a unique way of assisting children to learn reading through Synthetic Phonics, by linking the individual letter and letter combinations with its appropriate sound and effectively demonstrating the blending of sounds to achieve word pronunciation.
There are two setting levels available:
1. “Synthetic Phonics Basic”: Is aimed in introducing Synthetic Phonics to children. Simple words are only presented and children are introduced to blending (drawing individual sounds together to pronounce a word) with basic phonemes (the smallest single identifiable sound).
2. “Synthetic Phonics Advanced”: Words and letter sounds of greater complexity are introduced that include graphemes (a group of letters representing one sound), digraphs (two letters making one sound which is different from the sound either can make alone) and letters that have more than one sounds.
● Learn letter sounds through two levels of synthetic phonics and letter names.
● Learn the words and how to spell.
● Learn to recognize letters (upper and lowercase) and match them to words.
● Unique navigation that allows the child to explore all the animals.
● Tap the image of the animal to discover its sound and learn its name.
● User interface specifically developed for children fingers.
● Engaging and colorful artwork with amazing sound effects and animations
● Studio recording of letters, words and spelling.
● Three different hint alternatives (color hints, letter hints and color and letter hints.)
● 42 words in 5 categories Animals, Vehicles, Shapes n Colours, Household Items and Numbers (it can get up too 121 words through in app purchases).
● Six different settings to increase difficulty as children learn.
● Special alert reminding you to switch to Flight Mode (in iPhone only).
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
We follow the "Know what's inside" best practices for kids' apps, set by MOMs with Apps.
At ReadnLearn your children's privacy and safety is our priority that is why our app:
◇ Does not collect/share any user's personally identifiable information.
◇ Does not contain Social Network Integration or other Social Features.
◇ Does not contain ads.
◇ Contains In-App Purchases for additional content that are purchased once.
◇ Contains "Feedback" and "Tell a Friend" buttons, behind a parental gate.
◇ Contains a "More Games" button and corresponding page, behind a parental gate.
For more information please visit: readnlearn.com/#privacy
At ReadnLearn we love what we do, developing fun and educational applications for children. We are a passionate and committed small team of parents, who are graphics artists and developers. Our team is supported by educators and our own children, our awesome beta testing team!
If you have any comments, suggestions, or feedback please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us: readnlearn.com
Like us: www.facebook.com/ReadnLearnApps
Follow us: www.twitter.com/ReadnLearnApps
● Added Support for IOS 13
● Minor improvements and optimisations
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I have left feedback on numerous occasions about: 1. Fox is NOT pronounced f-o-c-k. 2. Pink is not pronounced p-ee-n-k. 3. Koala is not pronounced k-o-a-l-a (as in "at").
1. Fox = fo(ks)
2. Pink = pink (short "i")
3. Koala = koala (same sound as the first "a" sound given.)
I have talked with several English teachers including two Kindergarten teachers and they agree. I have experienced a correction only to have it revert back to the original. If they will fix these errors I will keep the app because, aside from these errors, it is quite good.
I am hiding it from my 2-year-old for now until these errors have been corrected.
Simply the best phonics learning app out there
My daughter went through all the animals in 2 days and is asking for more. This app is far more superior than any other ones. I don't know about the other languages they support but the English version is well thought out for the kids to entertain themselves without parental guidance. Bravo - keep em coming. How about math next?
You can do better
A European speaker mispronounces many vowel sounds, which can be confusing to children learning to spell. The letters often get stacked so the child cannot see some of them. And if the letter is moved to within an inch of it's proper slot in the word, it is sucked into place as if by a magnetic force, depriving the child of her opportunity to correctly guess the order and placement of the letters. I think most parents will find the Montessori version of this app to be far superior.
- Read 'n' Learn ltd
- 93.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © ReadnLearn Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Vehicles 20 Words $0.99
- Shapes and Colors 25 Words $0.99
- 30 Household Items $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.