FirstBuild's mobile app gives you insight and control of FirstBuild connected products.
The Paragon feature:
- Allows you to select from a list of Sous Vide or Pan Fry recipes and send to your Paragon
- Displays auto temperature and time based on food type doneness for Sous Vide
- Displays auto temperature and time with flip and done notifications for Pan Fry
- Supports multiple Paragons
- Reports current Paragon Probe battery levels
- Provides notifications during cooking
- Create a custom cook profile
The Opal feature allows you to:
- Schedule times throughout the day for your Opal to run
- Turn the ice maker on and off via Bluetooth
- Turn night light mode on and off
- Works with iOS 10
- Requires iOS 9 or later
- Requires iPhone 5 or later or iPad 2 or later
- Bluetooth must be enabled
- Sound must be enabled in order to receive cooking alerts
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
This version fixes a few bugs and adds some additional animation for sous vide.
Ratings and Reviews
Opal Ice Nugget Review
I like the features and UI of the app, but as others have mentioned the schedule I set for ice machine keeps turning off. I set the days and enable the schedule, and then when I come back the next day to check why the machine didn’t turn on as scheduled, I notice the schedule is disabled. This problem seems to happen every other day. Fix your buggy software!!!
This app is a total waste. I have never been able to use the scheduler. I’ve set it but it never turns on. I’ll go back to check my schedule & it’s turned off when I know I had it on. Also, what’s the point of having an app if I can only use it to turn on my machine at home? It needs to be WiFi enabled, not Bluetooth. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been away from home & need to turn it on but can’t because the app won’t connect unless it’s in the vicinity of the ice maker. The schedule needs to be changed also. Like the alarm apps that have a spinning selection of date & time so you can set it specifically to turn on at a certain time or turn off at a specific time. For the price I paid for a ice maker, you’d think the technology for an app would be much more sophisticated. Needs a complete overhaul to be used to its ability. The last thing is I don’t want to be forced into seeing all of the other FirstBuild products when opening the app. I want to connect to my device and operate it. I shouldn’t have to wait each and every time for the machine to connect to the app, it should be set up initially but after that, remain connected.
Tip for enabling schedule
For all the people complaining that the schedule feature doesn’t work, try leaving your ice maker powered ON. Never turn the unit off with the power button. If anyone in your household presses the power button on the unit, that will turn off not only the machine but will also disable the schedule. Once someone turns the Opal off using the power button, the machine cannot power itself back on without a human touching the physical button — even if you have scheduled it to make ice for a future day / time. The unit CAN stop making ice and return to making ice on schedule as long as nobody touches the power button. I hope that makes sense and helps people. Other than that, the app is annoying for all the other reasons people have mentioned. Great ice maker, lame app.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- HAIER US APPLIANCE SOLUTIONS, INC
- 116.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Microfactory, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.