FirstBuild's mobile app gives you insight and control of FirstBuild connected products.
The Paragon feature:
- Allows you to select from a list of Sous Vide or Pan Fry recipes and send to your Paragon
- Displays auto temperature and time based on food type doneness for Sous Vide
- Displays auto temperature and time with flip and done notifications for Pan Fry
- Supports multiple Paragons
- Reports current Paragon Probe battery levels
- Provides notifications during cooking
- Create a custom cook profile
The Opal feature allows you to:
- Schedule times throughout the day for your Opal to run
- Turn the ice maker on and off via Bluetooth
- Turn night light mode on and off
- Works with iOS 10
- Requires iOS 9 or later
- Requires iPhone 5 or later or iPad 2 or later
- Bluetooth must be enabled
- Sound must be enabled in order to receive cooking alerts
This version fixes a few bugs and adds some additional animation for sous vide.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Opal Ice Nugget Review
I like the features and UI of the app, but as others have mentioned the schedule I set for ice machine keeps turning off. I set the days and enable the schedule, and then when I come back the next day to check why the machine didn’t turn on as scheduled, I notice the schedule is disabled. This problem seems to happen every other day. Fix your buggy software!!!
This app is a total waste. I have never been able to use the scheduler. I’ve set it but it never turns on. I’ll go back to check my schedule & it’s turned off when I know I had it on. Also, what’s the point of having an app if I can only use it to turn on my machine at home? It needs to be WiFi enabled, not Bluetooth. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been away from home & need to turn it on but can’t because the app won’t connect unless it’s in the vicinity of the ice maker. The schedule needs to be changed also. Like the alarm apps that have a spinning selection of date & time so you can set it specifically to turn on at a certain time or turn off at a specific time. For the price I paid for a ice maker, you’d think the technology for an app would be much more sophisticated. Needs a complete overhaul to be used to its ability. The last thing is I don’t want to be forced into seeing all of the other FirstBuild products when opening the app. I want to connect to my device and operate it. I shouldn’t have to wait each and every time for the machine to connect to the app, it should be set up initially but after that, remain connected.
This app has gone very buggy for my ice machine. I used to use the schedule and as others have said it at times would stop working. I’ve not had the schedule enabled for a long time. Recently the ice machine would turn on, phone not in my hand and at times not even near me. It would happen at random times while I was at home. Over the weekend I heard the machine on at about 4am and I almost always turn it off at night. I removed the app from the phone after that and it hasn’t turned on since then. The current version is well over 2 years old when will we be getting a patch to fix the schedule.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.