Personalise your fishing experience with the most popular fishing app.
With the most downloads of any fish finder app, Fish Deeper is the best app for smart anglers. Combined with one of the Deeper castable sonars, it turns your smartphone into a high-grade sonar display.
Outstanding user experience, crisp clarity and ability to modify your sonar display according to your fishing needs makes Fish Deeper the only app with countless fishing possibilities.
Plan your fishing trip and map the waters you fish to maximise your catch rate: know when and where to fish, measure the depth, locate targets and adjust a number of settings whichever way you want.
*If you are missing some of your favourite features, you can now download the old Deeper Smart Sonar App.
Fish Deeper and the old Deeper Smart Sonar App can be both installed on one phone and used interchangeably.
The Fish Deeper App offers a lot of great features:
• Mark places and log catches. Mark fishing, boat launching and camping places. Log your catches, add photos and detailed notes (technique, equipment and baits or lures used, location, weather conditions, time spent). Access your data on your smartphone app or view it and explore on any device via Fish Deeper web.
• Know the weather: Plan your fishing trips better with the latest weather information and future weather forecasts that update every 2 hours.
• Find the best location with Offline Maps: Download the maps of your region and plan the next trip without any hassle.
• Benefit from the detailed display layout: Plan any change in circumstances with display header showing time, water depth, temperature, sonar/phone battery levels, boat speed and notifications regarding your sonar connectivity.
• Take advantage of the real-time history: Scan the waters for as long as you want and simply rewind the data while you are still scanning.
• Create bathymetric maps directly from the shore in Onshore mode (only with the PRO+) or with a Deeper sonar mounted to your boat.
• View and analyse your lake maps on Fish Deeper web (maps.fishdeeper.com). Accessible on any device.
• Control your scanning: From the moment you open the app, you can decide when you want to connect to your sonar, start, pause or resume your session whenever you choose to get back to it.
• Store all your fishing data collected from your Deeper sonar with unlimited data storage in the app, then back up on our secured cloud server or view it on Fish Deeper web (maps.fishdeeper.com).
Now you can easily tailor your Deeper sonar experience to your fishing needs by adjusting these features:
• CHOOSE DIFFERENT MODES for different types of angling. Use it as a fish finder from the shore, ice flasher in ice fishing mode, or map the waters you fish in boat mode.
• DISPLAY MODE: Customise your scanning qualities by choosing between Basic (only showing vegetation and water depth) and Raw (very detailed and crisp quality images) modes.
• BEAM ANGLE: Narrow or Wide (also Mid for the CHIRP) beam angles will help you distinguish how big of an area and how detailed you want you scanning to be.
• DISPLAY SENSITIVITY: Adjust the screen sensitivity depending on the water depth, clarity and bottom structure.
• FISH ICONS: The feature allows you to see them displayed, change icon size, see how deep they are located and switch on/off the fish alarm.
• COLOR PALETTE: Choose the color palette that would best display your sonar settings or turn on the night fishing feature to help you see your sonar more clearly in the dark (when used together with the Deeper Night Fishing Cover).
This version of Fish Deeper app brings improvements to connectivity, an updated UI to better represent various sonar states, hints and actions for faster connection recovery, and some other UI enhancements related to viewing and managing sonar scans.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Where is the Calendar feature on this app?
The old app had a pretty accurate lunar calendar as it relates to fish. Why isn’t this feature included in the new version?
Developer Response ,
It has been developed already, we are going through testing now and will release it quite soon. Ability to mark catches and points of interest will be released as well.
Connection issues. No raw data export.
I like the new UI, but the new app seems to have trouble connecting to my pro+ even when the old one connects fine. This happened in shallow water, when the sonar wasn’t sending any actual data, if that matters. The help message about “how to connect your sonar” kept popping up in the new app, even though I was already connected to the deeper’s wifi network. Quitting and reopening the app did not help. Opened the old app and it worked fine.
Would love to switch entirely to the new app, but can’t until this issues are figured out.
Side note: I would really like to see a data export feature for the actual sonar data (not just depth). Without access to the underlying data, it feels like I don’t actually “own” the device, I’m just renting it for as long as Lakebook is active.
Developer Response ,
If you haven't tried reinstalling already, please do - it's often a fix for many issues. As far as connection is concerned, we've been implementing connectivity improvements in the new application for a while now and can say that on average it performs better. Perhaps you could get in touch with us at email@example.com with more details about this? We'd like to get to the bottom of this.
Regarding data export - a lot of customers require exporting of depth and coordinates in order to use this data on other GIS applications. We did not see a demand for exporting sonar data so that was never added, but that it something we wish to implement in the future. Since it would not be possible to use this data elsewhere (it would come in the form of visuals/pictures), it made sense to leave it accessible via the application and Lakebook. So long as you synchronize your data to the cloud server or take care not to log out of the application, you'll safely have all your scans ready for review.
Contour lines need improved
I bought my deeper last year and used it on my kayak quite a lot since then. I really like everything about the new app except the contour lines in the mapping. I mostly fish shallow water lakes and it’s incredibly hard to read the lake contour when there is hardly any detail to the maps. However the contour lines in the lake books feature you offer online are fantastic. If you could improve the contour lines to be like lake books then I would easily give this app 5 stars.
Developer Response ,
Hi, many thanks for your feedback. We will definitely improve the contour lines in the app, and it is planned for the future updates. If you have any questions or suggestions - don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deeper UAB
- 67.6 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Lithuanian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © Deeper
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.