“Fit Pregnancy” does more than modify a Pilates workout, it builds the right program for you from the ground up. An exercise program that offers optimum benefits for you, your baby, and your future body that follows the recommendations for pregnancy exercise set by the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
“Fit Pregnancy by Blue Sparrow Pilates” will:
- Carry your pregnancy more comfortably
- Reduce back pain
- Addresses alignment and postural changes
- Ease constipation
- May decrease risk of gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, and cesarean delivery
- Build strength and stamina in preparation for labor and delivery
- Promote healthy weight gain during pregnancy
- Improves overall general fitness and strengthens your heart and blood vessels
- Help you to lose the baby weight after your baby is born
- Safely reconnect your core during postpartum recuperation
- 4 unique workouts for each trimester and postpartum (12 workouts in total)
- Select workouts to target specific areas of the body: Full Body, Upper Body, Lower Body, Back
- Follows the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology’s guidelines for Exercise During Pregnancy
- Image-based exercise demos allow the app to work without wifi or data connection
- Each exercises offer mindfulness cues to encourage proper form and refine the movement
- Optional use of the stability ball, flex-band, and small weights
- Tailored for at-home workouts, between visits to the Pilates studio
Internationally renowned prenatal Pilates expert, Holly Furgason, is a teacher of teachers and the owner of the Bay Area’s premiere Pilates teacher training center, Blue Sparrow Pilates. With years of training teachers around the world and decades of working with clients, Holly personally designed the “Fit Pregnancy” programs to target specific trimester and postpartum needs just for you.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A joy to use
I love this app! Every aspect of it is pleasant and enjoyable and clear, without being fake or obnoxiously upbeat like most exercise apps and videos. I look forward to using this app because the narration is so good - encouraging and positive but never patronizing.
The visuals for each exercise are beautifully done: instead of a video, it shows two photos in succession which morph into each other in a calming way, which helps me learn the exercise faster. (Even after three years of Pilates, learning a new exercise is still hard for me, so I appreciated this feature.) I like being able to easily skip past exercises that don’t work for my body and favorite the ones I like best.
A lot of pregnancy stuff treats pregnant people like recalcitrant children; this app seems like it was designed by people who both care for and respect pregnant people. <3
More User Friendly
Blue Sparrow’s app is so much easier to use than the other pregnancy Pilates apps I’ve tried out so far, with the ability to select exercises rather than just playing a Pilates video. Am really enjoying the first trimester exercises! The exercise instructions are clear and easy to follow, and it actually looks nice too. Also, I really appreciate that the app doesn’t require the internet to work, so I don’t have to worry about it blowing out my monthly data due to streaming a video or a recording. 😸
Got this for my wife, she’s happy, so I’m happy
This app has been one of the few things I’ve done right thus far during my wife’s pregnancy. It’s easy to use, with a clean and simple interface, and has great Pilates she can enjoy doing throughout her pregnancy. We’d definitely recommend this app for any expectant mothers wanting some safe and healthy exercises they can do at home.
- BLUE SPARROW PILATES
- 183.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- © BLUE SPARROW PILATES 2020
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.