The Five Minute Journal uses proven principles of positive psychology to make you happier in 5 minutes a day with the guided gratitude journaling format
“There are plenty of benefits to journaling, whether you take time to write out your full thoughts or just spend a few minutes jotting down the things you're most grateful for every day or lessons you've learned. Five Minute Journal for the iPhone makes this process easy enough to do on the go.” — Lifehacker
BENEFITS OF PRACTICING GRATITUDE
Cultivating gratitude can positively impact all areas of your life—from personal growth and emotional intelligence to meaningful relationships and enhanced productivity. A lot of thought leaders practice gratitude (including Oprah Winfrey, Richard Branson, Tim Ferris, and many others), as studies have found it improves health, has lasting positive effects on the brain, and is a key to mental wellbeing.
Practicing gratitude with the Five Minute Journal app brings you a more positive outlook on life and ability to notice wonderful things and capture the life-changing experiences. The key is consistency. With its thoughtful features and a structure to help you focus on what’s good, you will find The Five Minute Journal app to be a great way to start and end your day.
WHAT OUR COMMUNITY IS SAYING
“Not only do I love the simplicity in the design, but the fact that it takes only a minute to update the entries means this is something I’ll actually use. This app really gets you thinking about the positive things right before you start your day.”
FIVE MINUTE JOURNAL APP FEATURES
– Beautiful, Intuitive Journaling Experience: The Five Minute Journal app has been designed to capture the physical Five Minute Journal experience. Getting around the app is a breeze and adding entries is easy with a guided flow for both your morning and evening entries.
– Easy Journal Entry Navigation: Quickly cycle through previous journal entries by scrolling your timeline or by tapping on a specific date in calendar view.
– Guided Journaling Flow & Prompts: A new guided process to help you get the most from your gratitude journal experience.
– Reminders: Set daily notifications to keep up with a rewarding journaling habit.
– Timeline View: Access previous journal entries and view short daily excerpts. Tapping on an entry leads to a full day review.
– Daily Quotes & Weekly Challenges: Receive daily inspiring quotes and weekly challenges, and share them across social media.
– Passcode Protection: Keep all your journal entries private with secure passcode, Face ID or Touch ID protection.
– Dark Mode: Use your journal in either light or dark mode, which is especially great for late night journaling.
– Compatible With Any Device or platform: Use it on iPhone app, Mac app, iPad app and Apple Watch companion app.
– Streaks: Track your personal progress and get some insights on positive changes in your life.
– Backup/Export: Easily backup your entries and export all your treasured memories and media to PDF, HTML, Dropbox, and more. You can select a date range or export all of them.
Five Minute Journal App offers an optional monthly or yearly subscriptions with free trials or lifetime license.
Here is what you get when you unlock the Premium:
– Photos and Video: Capture and view your magical moments with a daily photo or video. Attach media to any of your daily prompts.
– Personalized Practice: Create your own custom questions, tailored to your mood and goals.
– Space for Notes: Clear your thoughts and write freely in the new notes section.
– Mood tracker: Check in with yourself, express how you feel, and gain insights into how your emotions influence your days.
– Look Back Reminders: Get reminded of your memories with the “On this Day” feature.
– Timeline Photo View: See a photographic timeline view of all your daily photos.
– Widget: Add a thoughtful Five Minute Journal widget to your home screen.
Introducing the new Five Minute Journal! Now free with optional premium features – existing users get a full year of premium for free!
Sign in with your exising credentials to the new version now.
• New guided journal flow with prompts
• Custom suggestions
• Dark mode
• Streaks – track your progress!
• Mac app!
• Companion Apple Watch app
• Full export (HTML or PDF)
• Upload videos and photos (premium)
• Mood tracker (premium)
• Create your own custom question (premium)
• Add notes to your journal (premium)
• Lookback 'on this day' reminders (premium)
• Widgets for your home screen
Ratings and Reviews
Honestly the best and worth the money.
You can't put a price on mental wellbeing. I've struggled with horrible depression and anxiety my entire life. Without getting too into it, my husband and I were struggling and even though I take medication that helps, I'm still miserable. I downloaded (6) different 'gratitude journal' apps and disliked them all for a few reasons. Paid for this one, I've only been using it for three days and I love it. It's easily worth the $5 several million times over; no subscription is really cool. The layout and UI makes it easy for even the most depressed folks (like me) to be able to complete this easily and quickly and actually feel better. To me, the little things make this more enjoyable as well. It's easy to type and then press "enter" and it goes to the next number, and it's easy to add a photo. I'd like to be able to add two photos per day but the app is so fantastic the way it is. I usually know within the same day of downloading if I will continue to use an app. This one, I will for sure. Thanks for making it. You're helping people. ♥️
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your detailed review! Happy it is making a difference in your life. If you ever get stuck, feel free to reach out and we'll do our best to keep you on track :)
A great app backed by a great customer support and development team!
This is a such a wonderful app and worth every penny! Not only is the app a convenient way to input and review your journal entries, but their team is there to support you in case a problem arises.
I recently reached out to their support team because I lost my entries after updating the app, but it ended up being user error (aka my fault). Patricia was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. She say my issue all the way through to a happy resolution.
Because I thought I lost my data, I created a new account and started fresh. After finding out my issue was due to a typo, I asked Patricia if there was a way to merge my accounts. After a day or two, she replied saying the developers were able to merge my accounts and I got both my previous and new journal entries combined into one account. I’m so happy I can continue using the Five Minute Journal app with the peace of mind that my data is there and if I have any additional problems, their team stands by their product!
Developer Response ,
We're so happy to have helped you get your account back and even combine the two accounts that you had. May you have a pleasant and rewarding journey ahead with it and we're always here to help if you have any questions or app glitches (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Beautiful, simple, effective
Not only do I love the simplicity in the design, but the fact that it takes only a minute to update the entries means this is something I’ll actually use. This app really gets you thinking about the positive things right before you start your day. I recently started cognitive behavioral therapy and one thing I am working on is positive psychology (which I initially thought was super lame and a waste of time). But in just a few weeks, it has brought an awareness to me that has already had a huge impact on my life...this app takes similar concepts of positive psychology and makes it easy/doable to do every day. Sometimes all you need is a little encouragement and this does it.
I should also mention that I have downloaded probably 5-10 apps similar to this to compare, but this is by far the best one. Worth the few dollars for sure...also there is no monthly subscription or anything. I refuse to download apps that don’t have an option to just pay once and be done.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Intelligent Change LLC
- 94 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2021 Intelligent Change Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime Access $74.99
- Monthly Subscription $4.99
- Annual Subscription $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.